The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science, and managed by the Council.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish ecosystem. Among its features are:
- individual, prestigious awards for excellent research in the name of the applicant;
- an objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review;
- funding across all disciplines, from archaeology to zoology; and
- awards for bottom-up, non-directed research, with the exception of those funded by our strategic funding partners.
Pioneering proposals addressing new and emerging fields of research or those introducing creative, innovative approaches are welcomed. Proposals of an interdisciplinary nature are also encouraged as it is recognised that advancing fundamental understanding is achieved by integrating information, techniques, tools and perspectives from two or more disciplines.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is highly competitive, with an average success rate of 18% over the past five years. Successful awardees under the programme are recognised as demonstrating world-class potential as future research leaders.
You may also check:
- NEW JOB: Assistant Farm Manager – Agri Palm at Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc
- Egbin Power Plc Graduate Engineering Trainee Programme 2021 for Nigerians
- Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme 2022/2023 for study in Hong Kong (Funded)
- a stipend of €18,500 per annum;
- a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum; and
- eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum.
|Call open||16:00 (Irish time) 2 September 2021|
|FAQ deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 14 October 2021|
|Applicant deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 21 October 2021|
|Supervisor and referee deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 4 November 2021|
|Research office endorsement deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 18 November 2021|
|Call outcome||End of March 2022|
|Award start date||1 September 2022|
Application Deadline: 21st October, 2021.