The HEINEKEN Africa Foundation works closely together with the HEINEKEN breweries in Sub-Saharan Africa and (N)GO’s.
Underpinning HEINEKEN’s long-standing commitment to Africa, projects are only carried out in the Sub-Saharan African countries in which HEINEKEN is operating.
An eligible project proposal:
- focuses on Mother & Child care or WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene)
- directly improves the health situation for needy communities living in the environment of a HEINEKEN Sub-Saharan African organization.
- cooperates with global and/or local partners (NGOs/GOs/overseas development ministries/international organizations)
- has measurable positive results
- has a sustainable follow-up or clear conclusion
- is approved and motivated by the General Manager of the related HEINEKEN operation
- is submitted to the HAF General Manager by the local HEINEKEN operating company
- does not exceed the maximum requested amount of EUR 500,000 over a 3-5 year period (with a maximum of EUR 175,000 per year)
You may also check:
- Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) Scholars Program 2020
- 2020 Japan International Award for Agricultural Researchers
- General Electric (GE) Early Identification (EID) Sales Internship 2020 for young Nigerians
The HEINEKEN Africa Foundation excludes projects that:
- may lead to a direct commercial benefit for the local HEINEKEN operation
- replace health benefits currently provided to HEINEKEN employees and their family members
- focus on adolescents (in the age of primary and secondary school)
- are research projects, scholarships and medical or health-related events and conferences.
Does your project comply with these criteria? Please contact the local HEINEKEN operating company to further discuss your project proposal.
For each project a partnership is created between the HEINEKEN Africa Foundation, the local HEINEKEN brewery and a local or international NGO. The Foundation provides funding and administrative assistance. The local brewery supports through means of manpower, expertise and monitoring. The NGO is responsible for the implementation and continuation of the project.
How to apply
Project proposals can only be submitted by the local HEINEKEN operating companies in close collaboration with a (N)GO. By making use of HEINEKEN’s local infrastructure and network we believe that we can make a bigger impact.