Applications are invited from Nigerian citizens who wish to undertake a 3-year full-time course in the area of demographic ageing, health ageing, gerontology, and elderly care management in Nigeria. This scholarship is supported by a collaborative research initiative between the University of West London (UWL), UK, and the Federal Ministry of Health in Nigeria in the context of HEPIQ-C project. The candidate will be expected to enroll as a UWL research student in January 2020 and will be based in the UK for the full duration of the research.
The scholarship includes:
- PhD fee waiver at the international rate
- Tax-free stipend of €15,000 per annum.
- a good first degree (first or upper second class) in the field of health or social sciences;
- a Masters degree (MA, MSc, MBA or MRes) with merit or distinction;
- an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with a score of 6.5;
- to be a Nigerian citizen;
- to have a strong commitment to improving Nigerian Health and wellbeing both during and after the PhD
- International Student Application Form;
- Research Proposal in the region of 1000-1500 word;
- a sample of any publications;
- a personal statement which explains why you are interested in the scholarship;
- transcript of your highest qualification;
- evidence of your IELTS score
To Apply, you need to submit the above documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org using the heading “PhD Scholarship in Health and Ageing“
The closing date for apply is 31st of October 2019.