The Loughborough Development Trust Africa Scholarship will cover 100% of the course fees for your chosen postgraduate taught course for one year (replacing any Departmental or Loughborough University scholarships or bursaries you may already have been awarded).
The scholarships are being funded through a combination of generous external funding and University funds. The University will award a limited number of scholarships, and the standards required are very high.
Students will be expected to fund their travel and maintenance costs through other sources. Evidence of maintenance funds must be included in the scholarship application.
Applications will be initially shortlisted and the final decision on the awards will be made by a selection panel of senior staff of the University. The selection panel will use the following eligibility criteria when assessing applications:
- Currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa
- Evidence of exceptional academic achievement (normally a 1st Class Honours Degree)
- Commitment to return to their home country on completion of postgraduate programme
- Evidence of the ability and commitment to making a significant contribution to their home country on their return
- Full understanding of the costs involved in coming to study and live in the UK
- Evidence of strong motivation and initiative to secure funds to cover the remainder of the costs involved
You may also check:
- AfDB Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program 2020 for young Africans to study in Japan (Fully Funded)
- Vacancy at WFO Roedl & Partner
- PZ Cussons Nigeria Engineering Graduate Trainee Program 2019 for young Nigerian graduates
Applicants are advised to spend considerable effort ensuring that this application reaches the selectors in a form that is clear, well presented and which reflects your abilities and motivation.
The application form can be downloaded below, and should be returned (by post or email) to:
Marketing and Advancement
Leicestershire LE11 3TU