The Penn State Department of Architectural Engineering (AE) is partnering with the World Bank Graduate
Scholarship Program to support AE graduate students from World Bank-eligible member countries to further the
education of their academically prepared citizens via specialized master of science (M.S.) and master of engineering
(M.Eng.) degree programs.
The World Bank is offering full scholarships that cover all expenses for mid-career professionals from specific countries to obtain an M.Eng. degree in architectural engineering. Candidates must have a minimum of three years of work experience in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM)-related fields and a career ambition to use the knowledge gained to positively impact the building stockpile in their home country.
M.S. degree program in architectural engineering
The Penn State Department of Architectural Engineering is ranked globally at the top of its field and offers an M.S. in architectural engineering that contains a mix of research and coursework. M.S. students take a minimum of 30 credits, including a 6-credit research thesis. Students who obtain the M.S. degree are well prepared for positions in the building industry or for continuing their education in a doctoral program.
M.Eng. degree program in architectural engineering
The M.Eng. in architectural engineering is a 12-month program consisting of a 30-credit core curriculum. The program is specifically designed with an ultra-high-performance buildings emphasis to grow the knowledge base and technical skills of building professionals, policy makers, and regulators who will return to their home countries to contribute to advancing the building and construction sectors. Students who successfully complete the program will be poised to return to their home countries to contribute to their building and construction sectors through the engineering of ultra-high-performance and sustainable buildings.
You may also check:
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) new Job vacancies
- Apply for Oxfam-EDC SME Impact Program 2021 for Entrepreneurs
- Job Vacancies at the Lagos Business School
How to qualify
• Apply and be admitted to the M.S. or M.Eng. degree program in architectural engineering via the Graduate School portal.
• Fulfill the World Bank requirements, including:
- Be a citizen of a World Bank-eligible country
- Have three years of STEM-related experience
- Have a bachelor’s degree completed at least three years before applying
- Be employed full time in development work
• Apply to the World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
The application is available on the World Bank website from noon ET on March 22 to noon ET on May 21.
Application Deadline: 21st May, 2020.