The Wits-TUB Urban Lab, a cooperation between the School of Architecture and Planning at the University of the Witwatersrand and the Technical University Berlin that is funded by the DAAD, has scholarships available in the School for Architecture and Planning at the University of Witwatersrand, supported by a bilateral programme at the TU Berlin.
The masters scholarships apply to the following 1 year full time (January – December 2021) degree at Wits University in Johannesburg, supported by a bilateral programme with TU Berlin:
- Master of Urban Studies in the field of Urban Management – MUS (UM)
For all applicants whose last highest degree was not obtained in South Africa, a proof of application for assessment of their degrees by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) must be attached to the scholarship application. (More info under the link below).
You may also check:
- The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Masters & PhD Scholarships 2020/2021 for study in Germany (Funded)
- 2020 Fresh Vacancies at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Apply for CMRA Summer School 2021 for PhD students and postdocs from West Africa
The scholarship programme includes a joint Wits-TU Berlin summer school week in Johannesburg in which students from TU Berlin will join the cohort at Wits University. The scholarship programme focuses on four innovation areas which address SDG implementation in urban areas:
- Politics and policy of the urban
- Understanding complex urban systems
- Managing change processes
- Co-producing knowledge between theory and practice.
The masters scholarship covers the duration of one academic year.
The scholarship includes:
- Full tuition fee
- Monthly stipend (living expenses including: subsistence expences, accommodation, other costs)
- Travel from home country/place of origin
The university reserves the right not to make all or to make no scholarship awards.
How to apply for the scholarship programme?
Application deadline for admission: 30 June 2020
Application deadline for scholarships: 31 July 2020
Application Deadline: 31st July 2020.