Founded in 1973, Ipas is a global nongovernmental organization dedicated to ending preventable deaths and disabilities from unsafe abortion. Through local, national and global partnerships, Ipas works to ensure that women can obtain safe, respectful and comprehensive abortion care, including counseling and contraception to prevent future unintended pregnancies.
At Ipas, we believe that: Every woman has a right to safe reproductive health choices, including safe abortion care. No woman should have to risk her life, her health, her fertility, her well-being or the well-being of her family because she lacks reproductive health care. Women everywhere must have the opportunity to determine their futures, care for their families and manage their fertility.
Along with caring, committed health professionals and other colleagues worldwide, Ipas tackles this neglected public health problem head on in some of the world’s poorest countries. While many international donors and governments have focused attention and resources elsewhere, we struggle against the fundamental social injustice that results in the deaths of so many women in the prime of their lives.
1. Program Manager
Ref Id: R187
- The Program Manager at Ipas Nigeria will work at a national level to provide technical and managerial leadership for the Nigeria program under the direction of the Country Director.
- This position is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies and work plans to ensure that program goals and objectives are met.
- This includes providing strategic inputs for annual work plans, proposal development, analysis of programmatic results, identification and resolution of challenges and program performance, application of lessons learned and best practices to improve program performance, donor reporting, financial monitoring, and personnel management.
- In addition, the Program Manager works with in-country counterparts to ensure successful implementation of work plans.
- The Program Manager will oversee the Health Systems, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Community and Youth engagement functions providing technical support and programmatic guidance to each.
- Responsible for managing the execution of programmatic work, ensuring high-quality project implementation and achievement of objectives
- Contributes to new program design and strategy integrating lessons learned and best practices, and ensuring alignment with Ipas mission, values, and strategic plan
- Provides technical and programmatic inputs into the development of annual country work plans and budgets and ensures spending according to plan
- Reviews quarterly budgets and expenditure reports and monitors activity budget spending to ensure financial planning is on track
- Adapt and implement organization-wide initiatives, systems, and policies; monitor for compliance with organizational policies
- Manage and support donor reporting process, including contributing to report documents and soliciting input from various project team members, ensuring quality and timely submission
- Conducts field visits to program sites in order to provide programmatic oversight and assistance
- Collaborates with operations/technical leads and the Country Director in reference to allocation of resources, budgetary issues, and program results
- Leads and facilitates discussions during technical meetings for Nigeria team, and offers strategic and technical recommendations at quarterly review meetings, following up on issues as necessary.
- Interacts with senior members of other units to meet their objectives, share progress of work, resolve problems, and find alternate workable strategies
- Liaises with headquarters Program Support Team on implementation of program work plans, field-level challenges, budget review, and development of proposals and donor reports
- Supports the Country Director to develop and maintain strong relationships with government officials, partners, and other key stakeholders at the national and state level
- Reports to the Country Director in reference to special requests, strategic planning, and program results and progress
- Provides leadership, supervision, support, guidance, and constructive feedback to staff and consultants, including the development and tracking of annual performance objectives
- Manages the operation of a unit, section, or a major function and typically directs the activities of supervisory personnel and oversees the work of others who do not directly report to the position
You may also check:
- UNESCO Call for Participation: Sports Challenge against COVID-19 in Africa
- University of Edinburgh Global Online Distance Learning Masters Scholarships 2020/2021
- Baker Hughes Ignite Graduate Internship Program 2020
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 5 years
- Location: Abuja
- Bachelor’s degree – Master’s degree or higher (or an International Equivalent) in Public Health or a Related Field is preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience of a minimum of three full time technical staff members required
- Certification in project management. Qualification in Humanitarian action and/or Project Cycle Management and/or Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Ability to travel up to 30% locally and periodic international trips.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, planning, management and technical skills working with health systems and community programs.
- Five (5) or more years of leading program operations and logistics experience
- Cross-cultural work experience
- Strong consultative and negotiation skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to strategize, plan, and manage resources for successful completion of projects.
- Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with district/state/national government officials, UN and other multilateral bodies, NGOs, and donor representatives.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English and fluent in host country language(s).
- Experience operating in challenging environments.
- Decisive Risk Management & Problem Solving: Anticipate challenges and find solutions. Seeks the necessary inputs, analyzes the data at hand, identifies potential risks and takes a decision. Can move forward even when information is imperfect. Documents analysis, intentions and desired outcome of key decisions. Reviews the impact and consequences and openly learns from mistakes
- Communication & Collaboration: Actively listens and communicates -connects easily with her/his team and gains their trust and respect. Works well across all organizational teams. Demonstrates clear and concise information and idea sharing
- Critical Guidance and Conflict Management: Has the skills to face conflict and provide critical guidance with empathy and facts. Can deliver difficult feedback with care. Encourages team members to directly share their concerns and helps develop the skills to make it a productive and valued experience. Understands the benefits of conflict and supports colleagues to embrace different perspectives, learn from others, to understand themselves and co-create new ideas.
Method of Application
- Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity.
- We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, military service, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law or outlined by Ipas policy