Heartland Alliance International in Nigeria works at the intersection of health and human rights, to provide HIV prevention and human rights protection services to most at-risk populations (MARPs), by sensitizing and building grassroots support organizations in the country.
Heartland Alliance International’s work in Nigeria builds on regional expertise in providing sensitized and quality HIV/AIDS prevention services to at-risk populations. What distinguishes these services, however, is the comprehensive, rights-based approach of HAI: as health services are paired with capacity building and community engagement, individuals are empowered to take control of their health outcomes, and mitigate discrimination and stigma in their communities.
In Nigeria, HAI employs its unique model of local capacity building to insure the sustainability of these critical initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Carryout client-level record entry into Electronic Medical Record (EMR): Lafiya Management Information System (LAMIS) and program level data entry into Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (DMEL) reporting platforms on a regular basis at the One-Stop-Shop (OSS).
- Ensure that all thematic areas client registers and forms are filled accurately and consistently on a daily basis.
- Constant review of client folders to ensure client records are up to date.
- Support the M&E unit in the retrieval of client folders from the clinic team on a daily basis.
- Support the M&E unit in data collation, cleaning, analysis and reporting on a regular basis.
- Support in the development of a web Outreach for the program and update information regularly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 1 – 2 years
- Location: Bayelsa, Jigawa, Niger
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- A degree or diploma in development or a related field.
- At least 1 year experience in M&E/ project management role for a non-governmental development organizations.
- Experience in comprehensive HIV/TB Prevention, care and treatment data capturing and reporting.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet up reporting deadlines.
- Excellent team building and leadership skills, interpersonal / communication skills – both oral and written.
- Passionate and committed to working with vulnerable and marginalized groups.
You may also check:
- Swansea University Hillary Rodham Clinton Scholarship Programme 2022 for International Masters Students
- Graduate Trainees needed at Polaris Bank Limited
- Apply for MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2021
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Does not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point.
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited resource environments.
**Note: Applicants should specify their desired location on the subject of application**
Application Deadline: 25th August, 2021.