The UNFPA Internship Programme offers a small group of outstanding students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UNFPA operations. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of UNFPA work.
Do you need a new CV or you want to upgrade your CV quality for better performance?
Applicants should have expressed interest in the field of development; ability to adapt to new environments and work with individuals from different cultural backgrounds. Interns work under the supervision of a staff member at UNFPA. The background of the interns is matched with the needs of the organization.
Qualifying for an Internship
Candidates for the internship programme are selected on a competitive basis. The profiles of the interns are matched with the needs of the organization. The following qualifications are required for consideration:
• Students should be enrolled in an advanced degree programme or have graduated within the last 12 months;
• Students must have written and spoken proficiency in English; fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic is an asset.
You may also check:
- Apply for Boustany Foundation Cambridge University MBA Scholarship 2020 for study in the United Kingdom
- Lagos Business School (LBS) Online Training Opportunity for young senior executives in Non-Profits
- The World Bank Group Vice Presidency Legal Internship Program 2020 for highly-motivated law students
The costs associated with an intern’s participation in the programme must be assumed either by the students themselves or by the nominating institution, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students. Students will have to meet living expenses as well as make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and other requirements. In addition, applicants must have medical insurance for the duration of the internship. Proof of insurance will need to be submitted before the internship begins.
Interns are not financially remunerated by UNFPA for their work but may receive a stipend to help cover basic daily expenses related to the internship, when not financially supported by any institution or programme, such as a university, government, foundation, or scholarship programme.
Application Deadline: 31st December, 2020.