Banyi Livestores Pharmacy, Lagos urgently needs the services of an Assistant Procurement Officer
About the Role
We are looking for a candidate who is analytical, focused, well-organized, self-motivated, and a commercially savvy individual.
Summary of responsibilities include:
- To assist with the purchase of materials
- Processing customer returns
- Complying with inventory control procedures
- Other administrative support
- Schedule purchases and arrivals
- Work with vendors to schedule shipping and delivery times
- Be present to receive orders and verify that correct items and amounts have been delivered
- Properly store materials
- Maintain inventory
- Verify current inventory levels and keep records to prevent inventory gaps
- Note when inventory is low and when it is time to order new products
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND, OND
- Experience: 0 – 2 years
You may also check:
- Top Vacancies at Black Pen Recruitment
- Apply for Mo Ibrahim Foundation Governance for Development in Africa Initiative (GDAI) 2021 Ph.D. Scholarships for study in the United Kingdom (Fully Funded)
- Apply for FATE Foundation Aspiring Entrepreneurs Digital Programme 2020/2021
Review and place purchase orders
- Check purchase orders for accuracy, completeness and clarity
- Verify product information, shipping information cost and delivery dates are all correct before obtaining authorization to place order
- Delivering excellent customer service above and beyond customer expectations:
- Working with vendors to understand their needs and then recommend to management
- Developing customer loyalty by building ongoing personal relationships
- Keeping on top of product information and training:
- Keeping up to date on the products list and understanding the characteristics of the products market
- Being responsible for tracking stock levels and expiration dates for items
- Attending and actively engaging in regular team communications
- Achieving the store’s sales goals (daily, monthly, quarterly and annual)
- Suggesting ways to improve sales
The ideal candidate would be required to possess the under-listed skills requirements
- Analytical and numerical skills.
- Sound analytical and reasoning skills
- Computer skills and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters on a confidential basis.
- Able to multi-task and perform follow-ups on a timely basis.
Benefits & Compensation
We offer competitive compensation. Additional benefits include pension contributions, access to regular training, and ongoing feedback to boost your skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Application Deadline: 8th September, 2020.