Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people.
With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
Customer Team Executive, Nigeria
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 3 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Customer Care
The Customer Team Executive is responsible for customer issue resolution on operational issues. You will be the first point of contact when issues arise from physical inland transportation or when proactive notification is to be made from changes in transport plan to the customer.
You may also check:
- Africa-UK: Female Tech Founders 2020 Programme for women entrepreneurs (Fully Funded to United Kingdom)
- AHRI/UCL MSc Scholarship 2020/2021 for study in University College London, UK
- Westerwelle Young Founders Programme Spring 2020 for Entrepreneurs (Fully Funded to Berlin, Germany)
- First point of contact for issues arising from physical inland transportation
- Proactive notification to customer for changes in transport plan or ETA deviations with viable alternative solution within stipulated timeframe
- Evaluate cases/issues and capture voice of the customer to make sure instant resolution takes place
- Team promptly attend phone calls (if applicable) received from customers/vendors and address concerns
- Actively engages with Customer Service and Intermodal vendors for workable solutions and timely resolution of issues
- Ensure alternatives provided are aligned with rules and regulation including local policies
- Be wary of the customers’ businesses, so that proposed solutions are compatible with customers requirement
- Be cognizant of segmented customer requirements and propose solutions accordingly
- Build good relationship with the customers and confidence in our Intermodal product
- Capture and be Voice of Customer frequently and provide feedback to the team to improve inland delivery performance and experience
- Identify recurring issues in Intermodal delivery performance and initiate steps to address root cause
- Identify process gaps, contribute to improvement opportunities and be actively involved in working on agreed improvement actions
- Keep cost of non-conformance to the minimum by providing alternate solution and converting demanding situation into pleasant experience for customers
- Ensure all relevant costs are timely updated in Intermodal systems and ensure charges are passed on to customer
- Check for additional business opportunities on satisfactory resolution of issues
- Handle system updates and customer requests in accordance with defined processes
- Share best practices and knowledge within the team
We are looking for:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 3 years’ logistics & services experience.
- Good knowledge of Inland transportation and documentation as per legal requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Passion for Customer Service.
- Pro-active person with a service-oriented mindset.
- Dedicated, Decisive and result orientated with a can-do attitude.
- Able to work under pressure while keeping quality in focus.
- Well organized, efficient and effective.
- An excellent team player, able to influence stakeholders and work with cross-functional teams.
You may also check:
- Sterling Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2019
- iBiology Young Scientist Seminars (YSS) 2020 Competition (all-expenses paid trip to the University of California, San Francisco, USA)
- One Young World Lead2030 SDG Challenges ($500,000 in funding & 12 month programme of executive mentorship)
- At Maersk, you’ll be part of a global team motivated by bringing food and commodities to people in every corner of the world. We do this through close partnerships with our valued customers, who trade everything from seafood and fruits, to clothes, electronics and cars!
- No matter our role in the Region our end goal is to simplify the lives of our customers. This is done through seamless processes, best in class digital solutions, and great customer service! So, we offer:
- Results orientation
- Improved commercial and leadership capabilities
- Interaction within broader Area for best practice sharing
- Creating network within the global organization
- Understand market and customer drivers
- Improve understanding of how best to generate profit for Maersk
- Moreover, you will expand your customer network and enrich your market and product knowledge while enhancing Maersk’s leadership position and contributing to the continuous success of the organization in Nigeria.