This annual AFS Prize will recognize one extraordinary young person for their commitment to improving the global community with a US$10,000 cash prize, participation at the AFS Global Conference, international recognition and membership in the AFS community of young and active global citizens.
The AFS Prize for Young Global Citizens will recognize one young person for their commitment to improving the global community and whose actions contribute to a more just, peaceful, and tolerant world.
The Prize will be awarded to an individual who:
- Is no older than 30 years old by October 22, 2020.
- Is in charge of a project that is currently running or has been completed between January 2018 and January 2020. Both must have already demonstrated success in achieving their stated goals.
- Demonstrates how their project is successfully addressing a pressing global issue, tackling one or more of the challenges outlined by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and what this translates into in real-life impacts.
- Shows how their project successfully engages others outside their own community/culture and how this aspect is crucial to advancing their work. Projects must rely on intercultural understanding and global competence.
- Articulates how their initiative has significant potential to be scaled up and extended.
You may also check:
- Apply as Global Citizen Academy Instructor
- VACANT: Economic Assistant at the U.S. Consulate General, Lagos
- Apply for Canon Collins Trust Sol Plaatje Scholarships 2020/2021 for Postgraduate Study in South Africa
Nominate Someone Else
Candidates for the AFS Prize for Young Global Citizens can also be nominated by someone else. The nominator should provide basic information within the designated form, after which AFS will notify the candidate about the nomination, complete with criteria and application. One person can nominate as many candidates as they wish.
The number of nominations received will not influence the selection of the Prize winner.
Application Deadline: 28th July, 2020.