Coca-Cola is the most popular and biggest-selling soft drink in history. An icon of all times, Coca-Cola is the best-known product in the world. Created in Atlanta, Georgia, by Dr. John S. Pemberton, Coca-Cola was first offered as a fountain beverage by mixing Coca-Cola syrup with carbonated water.
Coca-Cola was introduced in 1886, patented in 1887, registered as a trademark in 1893 and by 1895 it was being sold in every state and territory in the United States. In 1899, The Coca-Cola Company began franchised bottling operations in and outside the United States taking Coca-Cola to consumers in other parts of North America and Europe and in subsequent years to other parts of the world.
In 1951, the refreshing wave of Coca-Cola arrived in Nigeria and has remained a hit with consumers across the country. Packages Coca-Cola is available in: 35cl and 50cl classic glass contour bottle; 33cl on-the-go Can, 50cl and 1.5L PET bottle. Ingredients Carbonated water, sugar, Carbon-dioxide, caffeine, Phosphoric acid, caramel color and flavouring.
FRONTLINE MARKETING DIRECTOR
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Location: Lagos
Rq ID: R-59585
Reports to: Frontline Marketing Senior Director
Focus, Scope, & Impact
OU Front-Line Marketing Region Lead will:
- OU Front-Line Marketing Region Lead will:
- Drive bottler alignment on the marketing agenda: portfolio priorities, consumer insights and category/brand strategies and plans (objectives, DME investments, execution and success metrics, activity calendars, including Innovation projects and IMX Campaigns) in partnership with C&CL and Franchise Leadership.
- Provide input on OU-and Market-level portfolio strategy, brand plans (activities, calendars, execution of allocated DME) and local innovation opportunities
- Provide market input for the development of OU- and market-level IMX campaigns and approve commercialization of Innovation projects and (as applicable)
- Orchestrate localization and real-time amplification of IMX campaigns within the Franchise unit, providing input to OU IMX team
- Review and approve the marketing plans and integration of plans in country/region with the relevant bottlers. Oversee plans at local level, including POSM activations, consumer promotions, experiential marketing and events (leveraging mkt assets)
- Lead franchise marketing preparation and participation in key business System Review meetings. Show case Best Practice models that can scale to other Regions
- Lead briefing of adhoc requests based on dynamic market needs and Bottler requests linked to key business priorities- working with Category Leads to decide on best response plan
- OU Front-Line Marketing Region Lead will carry out duties through their team (including situational coaching and talent development) ; and interacting regularly with OU Frontline Marketing Lead and Franchise Leadership team to deliver the plan as measured by volume, share and profit.
You may also check:
- Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Miles Morland Foundation 2021 Morland Writing Scholarships for African writers
- WACWISA Masters & PhD Scholarships 2021/2022
- Significant market and leadership experience (12-15 years), including leading large teams (20+ people)
- Direct experience with marketing activation
- Business and commercial acumen, including financial expertise
- Experience working with TCCC external partners (bottlers and customers)
- Experience working with marketing in large regions preferred
- Experience working in cross-functional and cross-geographical teams is preferred.
- Ability to provide nuanced franchise unit-level input on marketing strategy and plans (e.g. consumer / shopper insights) and other key elements of broader OU / global strategy, as necessary
- Ability to develop relationships with key bottlers and ensure alignment and buy-in on mkt agenda
- Ability to coordinate full details (calendars, resources, metrics) of local activation with Bottlers
- Ability to identify needs for campaign localization or customization as necessary
- Ability to guide media buying (in partnership with Mkt procurement), as necessary.
- Role will require frequent communication with OU Marketing Lead, OU Category Leads, OU IMX team, OU C&CL team, PACS/Legal team and Franchise Leadership Team
- Role will also interact frequently with Bottlers and external parties (activation agencies, media).
Key Knowledge Requirements:
- Marketing activation / execution
- Pos and experiential marketing
- Business / commercial acumen
- Relationship management (internal & external stakeholders)
- Team management & leadership
- Market dynamics in franchise unit geo.
Application Deadline: 15th July, 2021.