Canon Collins Trust in partnership with Sol Plaatje Educational Project seeks to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in Southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
In 2015 the Trust revised its South African scholarship awards policy. Canon Collins now offer scholarships only to those studying in three areas:
- Justice, which includes Law, Economics, Politics and the Environment
- Education: policy and practice
- Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
Applications for courses that are not within these areas (for example MBAs, medical sciences, sports sciences, applied sciences) will be rejected.
To be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
- be normally resident in one of the above countries
- be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- be studying or applying to study at a South African university
- In 2021, the value of the scholarship package will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances. We support both full and part-time Masters and PhD level study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
- Canon Collins also organise an annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to our network.
You may also check:
- Apply for Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards 2021 for Innovative Women Entrepreneurs Worldwide
- Restaurant Waitstaff & Help vacant at Seven Spoons
- WANTED: Head of Growth and Marketing at Redwoods Capital Limited
How to Apply:
Cannon Csllins are now accepting applications. You can access the online application form through the link below.
Application Deadline: Monday 10th August 2020.