The program Learn Africa aims to promote the transfer of knowledge, exchange and training of African female students through scholarships offered by Spanish universities.
Since 2013 and up to now, 153 African female students from 34 countries have been beneficiaries of this program and have studied different subjects and levels at 40 Spanish universities, 1 Portuguese and 2 educational centers in Morocco.
Learn Africa presents this year a different call than usual. Given the global travel restrictions established by the covid-19 pandemic, all the studies offered for the 2020-2021, except those of Planeta Formation and University, are online and have been specially designed by Spanish universities to avoid the impact of the coronavirus in your training and in your future
Therefore, and in view of the impossibility that students can travel and study in person in Spain, the scholarships for this call cover only tuition and academic fees.
Requirements for Learn Africa Scholarship Program
- Be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. For Postgraduate Scholarships, the Degree title is required. The required degree can vary depending on the requested scholarship (See details of each scholarship).
- Meet the specific requirements and technical/technologic material of each type of scholarship.
- Only one application per person
You may also check:
- Apply for Orange Corners Nigeria Business Incubation Programme 2020
- UNWTO Inspiring Africa – Branding Challenge 2020
- VACANCY: Digital Marketer at Prixair Group
Evaluation criteria for Learn Africa Scholarship Program
A committee of experts will make a first evaluation of all the candidatures according to the following documents:
- Reference letter
- Motivation letterCarta personal de motivación
- Research Project if required
The final selection will be agreed with each of the participating universities and the results will be published at the end of August on our website, in addition to being personally communicated to each of the selected candidates.
The decision will not be personally communicated to unsuccessful candidates.
To apply for a scholarship you will need to attach the following documents:
- National identity documen
- CV + INFO
- Diploma / certificate / university degree (as required)
- Academic record
- Motivation letter + INFO
- Reference or recommendation letter/s + INFO
- Official language level accreditation if required + INFO
- Research project
Application Deadline: 15th July 2020