The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) launches applications for the third intake of its unique African Master’s in Machine Intelligence (AMMI), a fully funded one-year intensive master’s program that provides brilliant young Africans with state-of-the-art training in Machine Learning (ML) and its applications at campuses in Rwanda and Ghana.
The African Masters of Machine Intelligence program prepares well rounded machine learning researchers by focusing on basic research in artificial intelligence as well as the development of a vast array of applications that respond to both present and future needs of Africa and the world.
No registration fees are required for the candidates selected for the AMMI program. Successful applicants will benefit from a Full scholarships covering tuition, accommodation, meals, travel expenses and more.
- Classes are taught by experts in the field of AI from around the world.
- Students admitted for the AMMI program are automatically granted a full scholarship.
- A Pan-African student body made up of at least 30% women.
- AMMI graduates embark on outstanding internships, postgraduate programs and professional careers in Africa and across the world.
- Applicants must hold or expect to obtain by the date of commencement of AIMS training a Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, electrical engineering or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Applicants’ records must demonstrate interest and/or have a background in artificial intelligence, machine learning.
- Consent to mentor an undergraduate student at your previous institution while enrolled at AMMI and consent to mentor an AMMI student after graduation.
- Applicant must have a strong interest in solving national or continental challenges using science and technology.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
You may also check:
- Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) Scholars Program 2020
- Teachers needed at Brains Learners and Trainers
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Young Leaders Initiative 2020 for change-makers
How to apply:
It is important to go through all application requirements on the AMMI program available at aimsammi.org before you APPLY.
Candidates must demonstrate both a high level of motivation and a satisfactory academic background for a successful completion of the training.
AMMI applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their applications by 15 April for the academic year 2020/21. Successful applicants will be notified by July 2020.