Facebook is a corporation and online social networking service headquartered in Menlo Park, California, in the United States. Its website was launched on February 4, 2004, by Mark Zuckerberg with his Harvard College roommates and fellow students Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes.
The founders had initially limited the website’s membership to Harvard students, but later expanded it to colleges in the Boston area, the Ivy League, and Stanford University. It gradually added support for students at various other universities and later to high-school students. Since 2006, anyone who is at least 13 years old was allowed to become a registered user of the website, though the age requirement may be higher depending on applicable local laws Its name comes from the face book directories often given to American university students.
After registering to use the site, users can create a user profile, add other users as “friends”, exchange messages, post status updates and photos, share videos, use various apps and receive notifications when others update their profiles. Additionally, users may join common-interest user groups, organized by workplace, school or college, or other characteristics, and categorize their friends into lists such as “People From Work” or “Close Friends”. Also users can complain or block unpleasant people.
Facebook had over 1.59 billion monthly active users as of August 2015. Because of the large volume of data users submit to the service, Facebook has come under scrutiny for their privacy policies. Facebook, Inc. held its initial public offering in February 2012 and began selling stock to the public three months later, reaching an original peak market capitalization of $104 billion.
On July 13, 2015, Facebook became the fastest company in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index to reach a market cap of $250 billion. Following its Q3 earnings call in 2015, Facebook’s market cap soared past $300 billion.
- Job Type: Full Time , Remote
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 8 – 10 years
- Location: Lagos
- To bring the world closer together, diversity is a must-have for Facebook, not an option. We encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions and better serve our clients.
- The Global Business Group (GBG) contributes directly to this mission by connecting businesses with customers on Facebook, helping them to maximize the return for their investment on our platforms. We succeed when we help our customers grow their businesses, create jobs and power their local communities
- Facebook is now seeking an Agency Partner to work with the leading media agencies and wider relevant agency landscape in NIgeria. In this role you will run a specific book of business as well as lead our efforts across channels, functions and sales teams. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in selling cross-network marketing solutions to multi-channel advertisers and a proven ability to reach and influence executive level customers and drive new business.
- Facebook is now seeking an Agency Partner to work with the leading media agencies and wider relevant agency landscape in NIgeria. In this role you will run a specific book of business as well as lead our efforts across channels, functions and sales teams.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in selling cross-network marketing solutions to multi-channel advertisers and a proven ability to reach and influence executive level customers and drive new business.
- You must have strong consultative sales skills, a collaborative and innovative spirit and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity. This is a unique opportunity to help shape the Nigerian sales team and is pivotal to Facebook’s SSA success.
You may also check:
- Apply to University of British Columbia Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2021/2022
- Apply for StartupX ChangeMakers Seed Grant Opportunity 2021 for startups & social enterprises
- UK-Nigeria Tech Hub/CcHub Innovative Teachers Fellowship 2020
Agency Partner, Nigeria Responsibilities
- Lead the strategic relationships within an operating company and execute Facebook’s global and local deals with agencies
- Develop strong C-level relationships within the top agencies in Nigeria and influence all layers within the agency, incl CEO, MD and Managing Partners
- Support and develop entire agency to ensure excellent understanding of Facebook value proposition and products, with particular focus on planning and strategy teams
- Track revenue performance across the agency portfolio and determine corrective measures where needed to manage the acceleration of clients
- Collaborate with vertical teams in identifying and pitching transformation opportunities to clients and agency teams
- Senior Point of contact for the agency responsible for channeling and connecting any opportunities/queries to the right contact within Facebook
- 8-10 years+ proven successful experience in sales and marketing in a sales/commission-based role, ideally in a media sales capacity to leading advertising agencies
- Leadership credibility and ability to influence, develop, and empower a team to achieve their best and flourish
- Professional network in place with senior agency contacts
- Relationships with top marketing decision makers at the largest companies and agencies
- Proven track record of successfully growing revenue through the development of long-term strategic relationships
- Experience of working in large matrix organizations
- Strong understanding of Facebook user behavior and how technology works
- Strong passion for Facebook and our mission
- Fluency in English
Method of Application
Note: Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: Unspecified.