Literamed Publications Nig. Ltd, est. 1969, is Nigeria’s leading Children’s book publisher. Its imprint, “Lantern books” is now a household name in Nigeria and West Africa. Literamed has in its stable over 400 titles of books for Pre-primary, Primary, Secondary and Literature texts for different age ranges, all widely accepted in Nigerian Schools.
Our textbooks are written in line with the curriculum as stipulated by the NERDC and as such, approved by government to be used in Nigerian Schools while our storybooks are culture relevant and are written by renowned authors for good character formation of both young and old. Lantern storybooks serve as a natural starter for children as we cater for their reading needs from the early year to the mature stages.
The books are in the following series; Adventure, Health, Fairy Tales, Folktales, Bible Stories, Heroes, Drama and Literary series. They are also carefully graded for different ages such as Pre-Primary, Pre-Teen, Teen and Advance. To encourage children to read, especially those in the primary classes, the company started an initiative known as Lantern Partner School.
Schools in this category are allowed to buy storybooks of their choice at a discount and also had the privilege of reading the new titles first. Member schools could come to the company on excursions and have a first hand experience on how books are made. Lantern books refreshingly enlighten, educate and entertain. The company’s head office is situated in Lagos, Nigeria with ten (10) depots across the country and a West African office in Accra, Ghana.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Incorporate blog and social media posts in both websites and social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or LinkedIn
- Utilize various digital publishing platforms to create structured drafts
- Conduct keyword research and employ SEO best practices to optimize content
- Analyse web traffic to measure the success of the content (e.g. conversion and bounce rates)
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Location: Lagos
You may also check:
- Apply for Canon Collins Trust Sol Plaatje Scholarships 2020/2021 for Postgraduate Study in South Africa
- Apply for NPOWER Batch C Jobs (400,000 people Needed)
- Apply for ITU/UN Women Equals in Tech Awards 2020 for Gender Equality & Mainstreaming in Technology
- BSc in Marketing, English, Journalism or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Content Creator, Copywriter or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- An ability to fact-check long-form content pieces
- Time-management skills
- Familiarity with SEO
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 17th July, 2020.