COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale is an humanitarian, non confessional and independent organization that fights against all kinds of poverty to make the world a better place. Founded in 1965 by Vincenzo Barbieri (Italian “father” of international volunteering), COOPI is based in Milan and it has 20 local offices in the South of the World.
It works to assist populations struck by emergencies (disasters and conflicts) and to facilitate their civil, economic and social development. The association intervenes in Africa, Latin America and the Middle East in collaboration with local actors (civil society, public administration and so on). In 2013 it has implemented 160 projects.
COOPI works in different sectors: agriculture, water and sanitation, health care, humanitarian assistance, human rights, education, socio-economic services, migration. All sectors are related to one another in the programs launched by COOPI all of them interrelated. COOPI is also committed to the Child Sponsorship programme in 8 countries (PerÃ¹, Haiti, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Ethiopia, Uganda and DR Congo), and provides food, education, health and protection to 2.700 children.
COOPI also operates in Italy, through awareness and fund-raising campaigns, volunteering activities (almost 400 volunteers), the promotion of the Cooperation and Development Master course at the Institute for Advanced Study of Pavia, and finally the participation to several NGOs associations, among which Link 2007 and AGIRE (Italian Humanitarian Emergency Response Agency) are the most important.
The organization is supported by important institutional donors, local institutions, foundations, companies and citizens among the main donors, the European Commission Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection (ECHO) recognizes COOPI as an important partner.
Scope of the Vacancy
The Project Manager:
- Is responsible for the overall activities’ planning, execution and reporting of the Early Recovery and Resilience building project;
- Is directly assigned to, and responsible of the supervision of all logistics, HR, financial and overall functioning aspects for his projects.
Supervision and coordination:
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of Mission and in link with the Program Development Officer, he/she provide overall managerial oversight to the Early Recovery and Resilience building project and support project implementation team;
- To ensure cross departmental coordination including consortium partners’ components such as conflict management, peace building and livelihoods;
- Work with consortium lead and partners to maintain and update project implementation plan;
- Supervises the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the staff; monitors the accuracy and efficiency of activities;
- Prepares all the formal communication and contract modification requests (ex. budget modification) of the project;
- Ensure compliance with the fund and timely fulfilment of project’s reporting requirements;
- Executes any other task necessary to good and timely completion of the projects, identified in mutual agreement;
- Put in place and follow in accountability and beneficiaries feedback mechanism;
- Follows and enforces all COOPI codes of conduct and policies (globally and in-country);
- Ensure smooth management of COOPI base in Gashua, Yobe state.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 10 years
- Location: Yobe
Location: Gashua, Yobe
Duration: 12 months renewable
- In cooperation and synergy with the project staff, plans and monitors the social protection, livelihoods, conflict management & peacebuilding activities’ progress, in compliance with the donor regulations, Consortium lead and COOPI’s procedures, and with the specific Project Structure and Reporting Lines definition, making use of the financial instruments provided by the organization;
- In collaboration with the Administrative and the Logistics team, plans and monitors the expenditures in line with the project’s implementation needs;
- In cooperation with the M&E team, finalizes the data provided by his/her team, supports the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines, of the narrative reports expected by the donors and by the partners;
- Work closely with Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor hired by lead consortium partner that to ensure oversight for all monitoring and evaluation across all activities and implementation;
- In coordination with the Administrative team, supports in hiring of new staff directly related to the project and conducts staff appraisals Upholds COOPI’s mission and Charter of Values.
You may also check:
- Apply as Business Manager at Fakson Professional Services
- Apply for UNDP 2nd edition ‘Waste’ Recovery Innovation Challenge 2020
- Apply for KPMG 2020/2021 Graduate Trainee Programme
- Represents COOPI with the local/state authorities, consortium lead and partners.
- Laisse with logistics/procurement team to ensure the goods purchased for the project;
- Support updates of the inventory and guarantee the respect of the policies and guidelines, in cooperation with the Logistics Office.
- Ensure safety of staff and beneficiaries and work closely with COOPI Security Officer and Logistic team;
- Work closely with Social Protection expert to drive critical assessment during inception phase including baseline, market and value chain assessment and mapping exercises;
- Performs any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Humanitarian / Development Studies / Social Sciences or any related field;
- At least 10 years of working experience in/with INGO on Social Protection, Conflict Management & Peace Building and Livelihoods/FSL area;
- Experience managing social protection and livelihood development activities as a+;
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts;
- Expertise in sustainable livelihoods, safety nets programs, in particular: data collection, analysis, and report writing including post-distribution monitoring (PDM);
- Excellent in written and spoken English;
- Demonstrated success in community resilient programs and technically sound in Cash transfers, capacity building and other social protection components;
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills (Excel, Word, Power point, Emails, Skype, Web researchers);
- Knowledge of and adherence to COOPI Code of Conduct, understands other international development guidelines.
- Ability to plan, organize work, communicate and reports effectively;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines;
- Team player, effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative and analytical thinker, active learner,and able to work in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent communication skills, calm, with a good sense of working in inter-cultural environment;
- Proven commitment to accountability practices;
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, and deadlines.
Application Deadline: 10th August, 2020.