Application Deadline: 30th September, 2019, Time: 23:59 GMT.
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) is a network of 114 Universities in 38 African countries is pleased to announce the 2019 RUFORUM Young African Entrepreneurs Competition (RUYAEC).
The 2019 RUFORUM Young African Entrepreneurs Competition (RUYAEC) whose overall purpose is to catalyse entrepreneurship through promotion of business innovation and provision of seed funding to young entrepreneurs with creative and innovative business ideas among African youth. RUYAEC invites young (<35 years) African entrepreneurs and incubates to compete for 20awards to show case their innovations, enterprises and business concepts and propositions.
RUFORUM Young African Entrepreneurs Competition (RUYAEC) 2019 Open Awards Competition (West African Call)The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM), a network of 114 Universities in 38 African Countries, is pleased to announce the 2019 RUFORUM Young African Entrepreneurs Competition (RUYAEC).
You may also check:
- Current Top 24 Scholarships in USA for International Students
- Apply for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2020/2021 for Foreign Scholars & Artists to study in Switzerland (Fully Funded)
- Apply for World Bank International Finance Corporation Young Professional Programme 2020
The overall purpose of the RUFORUM Young African Entrepreneurs Competition (RUYAEC) is to catalyze entrepreneurship through promotion of business innovation and provision of seed funding to young entrepreneurs with creative and innovative business ideas among African youth. RUYAEC, through an online application, invites young African entrepreneurs and incubates below 35 years of age to compete for 20 awards that show case their innovations, enterprises, business concepts and propositions.
This third round of the RUFORUM Young Innovators Competition is targeted for West Africa (Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo) countries. The awards will be delivered at the Cape Coast, Ghana during the RUFORUM Annual General meeting convening 2-6 December, 2019.
RUFORUM targets to award 20 awards in the following fields: Food and agribusiness, Incubations, ICTs, Health, Engineering, Natural resources, and Meteorology among others. All the 2016 and 2018 RUFORUM Young Innovators Awardees are NOT eligible to apply. The RUYAEC operates within one of RUFORUM’s values and principles of creativity seeking to offer opportunities to develop innovative solutions both in addressing the problems faced by smallholder farmers, and in managing research projects in remote areas.
Applications are invited from enterprises and individuals that meet the following eligibility criteria.
• Persons with an established business enterprise and/or those with innovations that can potentially be commercialized and/or those with business concepts
• The business enterprise/potential enterprise should have a defined business model that show case the innovativeness of the proposed enterprise/business/innovation.
• Persons in the age category 16-34 years
• Submissions should be in English or French using the template provided.
• Be a citizen and resident of the targeted West African region (see the countries listed above).
• Not one of the 2016 and 2018 RUFORUM Young Innovators Awardees
Application submission process
All applications should be submitted through the website: www.ruforum.org/younginnovators
Applicants should download the application form from the website, fill it and upload online
Deadline for submissions is 30th September, 2019, Time: 23:59 GMT. Enquiries For any enquiries do contact Dr. Egeru Anthony (email@example.com) and Dr. Sylvanus Mensah (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For More Information:
You may also check:
- Cambridge Trust Undergraduate & Graduate Scholarship Program 2020/2021 for International Students
- Adobe Research Women-in-Technology Scholarship 2020 for Undergraduate Females Studying Computer Science ($USD10,000 Award)
- Contest for Facebook 2019 Developer Circles Community Challenge ( $165,000 USD in prizes)