The Leadership Essay Competition is organised annually by UONGOZI Institute to provide a space for the youth of Africa and the next generation of leaders in the region to contribute to important discussions on leadership and sustainable development. Since 2013, seven Competitions have been organised.
UONGOZI Institute is pleased to announce this year’s Leadership Essay Competition, the eighth since inception (2013). Similar to previous years, this year’s topic aims to solicit thoughts on the theme of the African Leadership Forum (ALF). The essays should respond to the following question:
If you were an African leader, how would you promote African intra-trade to unlock agricultural potential in the Continent?
The Competition is open to all African citizens between 18-25 years.
All essays must be typed. The maximum length is two (2) A4 pages. The format shall be of single spaced, Arial font size 11 with page margins of 1 inch (2.54 cm) for each margin, and sent as a Microsoft Word document.
Essays will be judged on the basis of originality, creativity, use of language and appropriateness to contest theme. All essays must be written in English.
You may also check:
- Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2021 for Nigerian Teacher Training Students
- New Jobs at the Lagos State University (LASU)
- Grand Challenges Canada’s Global Mental Health Youth Seed Program 2020
- A grand prize of USD $2,000 will be awarded to the overall winner. Up to five winners will be selected.
- The winners will receive their awards at a prize-giving event, which will be held online during the ALF in July 2020. The ceremony will be attended by former African Heads of State and other distinguished leaders from the public sector, private sector, academia and civil society. The overall winner will be asked to read the winning essay at the event.
Applicants must be African citizens between 18-25 years.
HOW TO APPLY
Essays should be submitted by email to: email@example.com
Applicants must also submit a written Statement of Originality and ownership of intellectual property rights.
The final deadline for submission will be Friday, 10 July, 2020 at 17:00 hours (EAT). The winners will be notified via email on the third week of July, 2020. Feedback will not be provided on individual essays.
Application Deadline: 10th July, 2020 at 17:00 hours (EAT).