WFP is accelerating high-potential solutions to disrupt hunger worldwide. Apply for financial support, mentorship and access to WFP operations, partners & technical experts.
If you are a start-up…
- Your start-up must be incorporated at the time of application. It can be for profit or not-for-profit.
- Your innovation must at least be at the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage. Proof-of-concept and initial traction is preferred.
- Your solution should be financially viable.
- Your proposal must show how working with WFP will serve your long-term strategy.
You may also check:
- USA Diversity Immigrant Visa Program (DV-2021) Lottery: Live and Work in the United States of America
- AfDB Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program 2020 for young Africans to study in Japan (Fully Funded)
- Study in Delft University of Technology Excellence Scholarships 2020 for Africans
If you are a WFP employee…
- Your team must have evidence of Country Office support and management buy-in.
- You are encouraged to apply, regardless of your contract type or function.
- We accept project applications from WFP employees who are collaborating with NGOs, government or private sectors.
|Funding||Access to WFP Operations||Hands-On Support||Networking|
|Apply to receive up to $100,000 in equity-free funding, with further funding dependent upon progress and measurable achievement of key targets.||Successful teams will work with WFP units on the ground to further develop and refine their solutions.||You’ll have the chance to work with technical and industry mentors who will provide guidance and accelerate your progress.||Teams will be able to tap into and leverage our strong network of public, private, and government partners to accelerate implementation.|
Applications submitted to the WFP Innovation Accelerator are assessed according to a standard set of criteria, and are reviewed by both WFP and external experts. Please note that we prioritize projects that are designed alongside our core users—vulnerable communities—and that show initial traction and market validation to ensure impact and maximize cost effectiveness. We are looking for innovations that meet the following expectations:
- Impact for the people we serve and potential to reach Zero Hunger
- Feasibility, including time to deliver impact, technology maturity, and user traction
- Level of innovation
- Financial sustainability with a clear business case that does not rely on WFP funding
- Team strength, experience, and commitment
You may also check:
- World Bank Group Summer Internship Program 2020 for young Professionals (Paid Internship)
- MIT Africa Empowering the Teachers Fellowship Programme 2020/2021 (Fully Funded to Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA)
- Canon Foundation-Kyoto University Japan-Africa Exchange Program 2020 (27,500 Euro per year in Funding)