“The Educational Grant Programme for the Citizens of the Member Countries of the Organization for Islamic Cooperation” and “The Educational Grant Programme for the Citizens of the Member Countries of the Non-Aligned Movement” were approved by the orders of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan on December 6, 2017 and on January 10, 2018, respectively. The Educational Grant (hereafter “scholarship”) Programmes provide an opportunity for selected candidates on annual basis to study in the leading universities of Azerbaijan at the preparatory courses, undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, general medicine/residency programmes.
• Citizens of the OIC and the NAM member countries
• For undergraduate and general medicine programmes – citizens younger than 25
• For graduate and residency programmes – citizens younger than 30
• For doctoral programmes – citizens younger than 40
Provisions Covered by the Scholarship
Monthly stipend for meals, accommodation and utility costs (800 AZN)
Visa and registration costs
You may also check:
- STUDY IN CANADA: Government of Québec Merit scholarships 2021 for foreign students
- Apply for OeAD Grants and Scholarships 2021/2022 for study in Austria (Funded)
- The Nigerian Content Science and Technology Innovation Challenge 2021 for Undergraduates
Submission of application
The application period for the Scholarship Programme 2021 is now open.
Selection procedures and results
The selection process will cover two stages:
- Review of the relevant documents
- Interviews (online/Skype)
- The candidates will be informed about the results by July, 2021
Note: Universities will get in touch with the shortlisted applicants for institutional admission procedures.
- Completed application form
- Diplomas or Transcripts from prior High School or University studies
- Copy of Passport
- Document on general health status (including HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis B and C tests)
- CV or Resume
- Motivation Letter
- Proof of English
- Proficiency (for programmes in foreign languages: for undergraduate programmes IELTS 5, TOEFL 40, for other
programmes IELTS 5.5, TOEFL 50) Note: All documents must be translated into English or Russian and notarized.
Application Deadline: 28th February, 2021.