The Pan African Virtual and E-University (PAVEU) is one of African Union’s flagship projects which has been proposed for addressing the Agenda 2063 need for accelerating development of human capital, science and technology and innovation through increasing access to tertiary and continuing education in Africa by capitalizing on the digital revolution and global knowledge.
The proposal to operationalize the Pan African Virtual and E-University as the open, distance and e-learning (ODeL) arm of the Pan African University was endorsed by the Specialized Technical Committee on Education, Science and Technology (STC-EST) meeting that took place on 23-25 October 2017 in Cairo Egypt. The proposal was approved by the January 2018 Summit (Executive Council Decision EX.CL/Dec 987 (XXXII) Rev.1. PAVEU is hosted at the PAU Rectorate Headquarters located in Yaoundé, Cameroon.
To be a leading Centre of Excellence in providing open access to online higher education and research for the advancement of Africa.
To provide world class, inclusive, quality-assured and relevant education to Africans anytime and anywhere and to conduct innovative research to catalyse the African Union’s Agenda 2063.
The PAVEU shall aspire to provide every qualified candidates within the African continent and beyond the opportunity to acquire knowledge and skills that prepare them for employment, knowledge acquisition, innovation and entrepreneurship. It shall strive to ensure that support services are available to distant learners and faculties to assist in providing research-driven and evidence-based quality education that are conveniently accessed.
- Increase access to quality tertiary and continuing education in Africa by reaching large numbers of students and professionals in multiple sites simultaneously and developing relevant and high quality Open Distance and e-learning (ODeL) resources;
- Ensure the prospective African student a guaranteed access to the University from anywhere in the world and anytime (24 hours a day, 7 days a week);
- Develop infrastructure, human and financial support systems to facilitate the effective use of ODeL in rural and disadvantaged urban areas;
- Enhance the pedagogical and research capacity of African tertiary educational institutions;
- Raise the global standing of the Pan African University as well as build and sustain partnerships with institutions that can support the AU Agenda 2063 mission; and
- Promote development and delivery of responsive, demand-driven education programs.
You may also check:
- Thomson Reuters Foundation/IFAD Reporting Rural Poverty and Agricultural Development Workshop 2020
- 2020 World Bank Group Summer Internship Program for Professionals
- International Competition Network (ICN)/World Bank Group 2019/2020 Advocacy Contest
Call for application
Qualified, talented and enterprising applicants from African countries and the African Diaspora are invited to apply to join online courses to be offered by the Pan African Virtual and E-University. Each candidate can register and enroll for any of the courses below:
1. IT Academy Concept Courses (Note that these three courses are to be taken sequentially in the following order)
i. Cloud and Virtualization Concepts
ii. Software Defined Storage Concepts
iii. Network Virtualization Concepts
2. Media & Information Literacy (MIL) (this course can be taken at any time)
Applicant must be a citizen of an African Union member state.
Applicant must be 18 years or above, and must avail the following:
1. National passport or ID (personal details page);
2. Scanned colored passport size photograph;
3. Detailed CV.
Candidates with potential, motivation and desire to play transformative leadership roles as professionals, industrialists, innovators and entrepreneurs are particularly encouraged to apply.
Reasons to join PAVEU
1. Excellent Online Course Content produced by world class scholars;
2. A broad network of academic and professional partners on the continent and beyond;
3. PAU Certificates that can be used in your CV and other credentials.
4. Vibrant, multi-cultural and Pan African Online learning environments.
All courses will be pursued and completed online only.
Rewards/Certificate shall be issued upon successful completion.
Registrations will be opened from 15 December 2019.
Courses will commence from 15 January 2020.
For additional information or request for assistance, contact us at the following links:
+237 673 97 44 77
+237 673 974 212