Convinced that the young people of Africa and France belong to a single generation and that they bear shared responsibilities in a world in common, the French-African Foundation wishes to identify, assemble and nurture young talents, French and African, from all backgrounds – economic, political, academic, social and cultural -, in order to support the leadership and the commitment of this new generation, so that it can drive positive impact on key issues for France and Africa.
The French-African Foundation, and more particularly the organization of the Young Leaders program, is supported by African and French public and private institutions.
The French-African Foundation has launched the Young Leaders program in response to the immense global challenges which require a new generation of leaders whose ambition is to become true agents of change.
Selected candidates must show the talent, passion and shared values that have the potential to contribute to transformative change in Africa and in France. They must be committed and motivated to engage their potential and leadership to drive this change, as part of the Young Leaders program and Community.
Laureates will be welcomed to France in June and to Senegal in October. This program represents an exceptional opportunity to engage with other candidates as well as with national and continental leaders in the public and private sector, and to drive positive impact.
– Be between 28 and 40 years old as of October 31st, 2020;
– Have French nationality or the nationality of an African country;
– Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French or a demonstrated interest to learn French is highly beneficial and will be an advantage in the application process;
– Demonstrated engagement across public and private sectors, and across geographical borders. The application must also demonstrate applied skills and experiences in any domain (which could include manufacturing and industry, services, public administration, agriculture, health, science, education, tech, culture and art, media, sports and community);
– Demonstrate inclusive leadership, commitment, and a sustained involvement (3 years minimum) that impacts your community, country, or sub region.
– Display of a privileged professional and / or personal and / or associative relationship with France and Africa (at least two out of these three points). This connection should be a lasting link of 3 years minimum.
This year, applications from candidates with a background in sports are particularly encouraged.
You may also check:
- General Electric (GE) Early Identification (EID) Sales Internship 2020 for young Nigerians
- Vogue Talents Scouting For Africa Designers 2020
- Youth Democracy Award 2020 (3000 Euros Prize)
Documents to download during the application process
Please note that we accept all documents in either English or French. Please use the language that you are most comfortable with.
– A copy of your passport;
– A Curriculum Vitae (CV);
– Submit a video (3 minutes maximum) answering the following three questions:
1. Can you introduce yourself in a few words ?
2. Why do you want to join the French-African Young Leaders program ?
3. How would you describe your link with France and Africa and what is your vision of the African continent and its relations with the world ?
– Optional : two letters of reference maximum from people who know you well, and the contact details of two people that we could reach and who could tell us more about you.
If you have any question or if you need any help, please contact us at email@example.com.