Enel Foundation and Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL)are excited to launch the call for applications for the 2022 edition of Open Africa Power, the programme that each year from 2018 provides a cohort of young energy professionals with a complete set of technical, regulatory and business skills needed to trigger Africa sustainable energy future for all. This year the programme will engage up to 150 African students and over 240 alumni, with at least 50% women, in a series of professional development and leadership activities provided in partnership with top academic institutions in Italy and Africa.
Open Africa Power 2022 will comprise of online and residential modules from academic institutions such as Strathmore University, the University of Cape Town, Politecnico di Torino, Politecnico di Milano, SDA Bocconi, Florence School of Regulation, and Venice International University.
Initiated by Enel Foundation in 2018, and co-managed by SEforALL from 2022 edition, Open Africa Power is designed to equip a new generation of energy leaders with a holistic knowhow of the electricity sector to leave their mark, wheatear in public or private sector towards a clean energy future forAfrica.
The Open Africa Power selection process is an open, merit-based, competition. The application period opens on 11 February 2022 and closes on 25 March 2022.
To be eligible, candidates must meet the following criteria:
· Be between the ages of 24 and 35 by 3 May 2022;
· Be a citizen of an African country;
· Currently reside in an African country or planning to relocate to Africa by the end of 2022;
· Be eligible to travel to Italy. All candidates are invited to check well in advance the procedure applicable to their specific case;
· Be a graduate from or current student (having an admission letter is also acceptable) of a PhD, MSc, LLM, MPP or MBA degree. Undergraduate students or people who are not at least enrolled in a master’s degree are not eligible for this program. One of the two degrees (Bachelor or Masters) must be from an African university;
· Have competencies and a demonstrated interest to pursue a career – in private or public sector – in the electricity space at large;
· Be fully proficient in English;
· Be willing to promote gender equality and women´s empowerment within and beyond the programme.
To encourage and elevate more women in the energy sector, Enel Foundation and SEforALL will ensure that 50% of the Open Africa Power 2022 participants are women.
• Digital African Module (May – June): this 8 week module will explore the fundamentals of the global electricity sector through the lens of the Sustainable Development Goals. It will cover the following areas:
o Renewables technology, regulation, economics;
o Networks technology, regulation, economics;
o ICT digitalization of the electricity industry.
• Regulation for SDG7 Online Course (May – October): the 5 month course will enable the participants to gain a comprehensive vision of how to design the appropriate policy and regulatory frameworks needed to ensure sustainable energy for all. Successful completion of this course is required to be selected for the Italian Module
You may also check:
- Marketer/Sales Agent needed at La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort
- Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) 2022/2023 for Master’s Level Studies
- Personal Driver job at a Lagos Company
• Italian Module (October – November): the module will take place in Italy (decision subject to the evolution of the COVID situation). During this 2 week residential module, the top performers of the first 2 modules (selected also on the basis of their capstone projects) will explore the new frontiers of the electricity sector and experience first-hand innovation. They will be called to actively interact with prestigious academic partners and research representatives, meet with government, business, and non-profit leaders; engage in a dialogue around issues of Africa’s clean energy future; and visit sites of innovative electricity technologies.
• Give back module: upon completion of the Italian module, alumni will be involved in teaching activities related to Enel Foundation education initiatives in Africa.
How to apply
Applications are to be filed through our dedicated platform exclusively, using the verification code (OAPF2022).
Applicants must provide:
· A copy of their CV (in PDF format);
· Copy of their Bachelor’s and Master’s degree certificates (plus eventual MBA/PhD certificates) AND academic transcripts (in PDF format);
· A copy of their Passport (in PDF format);
· A motivation letter (max 700 words, in PDF format);
· Three reference letters from industry, academia and/or civil servant representatives (in PDF format).
Application Deadline: 25th March, 2022.