The WIN Accelerator is an intensive, 9-month long career and leadership programme for journalists and editors. The programme accepts 100-150 applicants, annually.
WAN-IFRA is pleased to invite women journalists from sub-Saharan Africa to apply to the WIN Accelerator, Women in News’ flagship leadership development programme.
Applicants must have 2-3 years management experience and be working in the media sector (This includes print or digital newspapers, radio and, in some cases, broadcast).
Journalists from Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe may apply for the 2020 programme.
Successful applicants to the WIN Accelerator programme benefit from the following:
* Certified media management training delivered by regional and global experts drawn from the WIN and WAN-IFRA extended community (80 hours)
Method: Delivered online or in-person during offsite training held nationally or regionally
* Professional skills training (15 hours)
Method: Delivered during national gatherings as well as online
* Gender balance and sexual harassment training (9 hours)
Method: Delivered during national gatherings or in-house
* 1-1 coaching to create a 3-to-5 year career roadmap (8 hours)
Method: Coach and mentee meet individually on five occasions
* Facilitated group mentoring with peers (4-6 hours)
Method: Delivered during national gatherings
* Experience in mentoring future media leaders and young professionals (6-8 hours)
Method: Delivered in university classrooms or at national gatherings
* Media exchanges* (3-4 days)
Method: Participants are hosted by their peers media organizations in neighbouring markets
* Job and support networks, both national and regional
Method: Virtual networks connect women via Facebook, WhatsApp and LinkedIn.
You may also check:
- Multiple Teachers & Other vacancies at Eden Solutions & Resources Limited
- Wells Mountain Foundation Empowerment Through Education Scholarship 2020
- African Women in Agricultural Research and Development (AWARD) One Planet Fellowship 2020
Participants connect in person at national gatherings, regional summits and other events
There are two steps to complete your application:
1. Complete the following application form, or download the Word version.
2. Have your direct manager complete the nomination form, or download the Word version.
Please note: both forms must be completed in order for your application to be considered complete.
If you are using the Word version of the application and nomination forms, please send the completed forms to email@example.com.
Please write the country which you are applying from in the subject line of the email.