The ONE Champions program is a one-year volunteer program which is entering its 5th year in Nigeria and we’re looking for passionate campaigners to join the 2020 cohort.
This is a voluntary program where ONE will recruit, train, and support 50 emerging leaders approximately between 18-35 years of age who will Champion causes ONE supports at the grassroots, state and federal levels in Nigeria. ONE advocates and campaigns on education, gender, health, agriculture and transparency as a means to fight poverty. The program was launched in 2016 with 20 Champions.
ONE Champions will work closely with the ONE Nigeria Country program, led by the Country Director and will work with the direction and support of the ONE Campaigns team to come up with innovative and exciting ways to engage policymakers to secure policy changes and public investments to address poverty in Nigeria.
This is a fantastic opportunity to impact your community, country and the world working with a highly-visible, mission-driven ONE supporters in an incredible, supportive environment. ONE Champions will receive training on how to campaign, pressure decision-makers and engage the media. You will have the opportunity to attend ONE events and put your skills into practice in meetings with high-level decision makers.
In this Role, You will
ONE Champions will have access to a range of campaign and advocacy tool and activities and will receive support to design and develop their own action plans with the ONE team. They will be expected to deliver a range of actions, including but not limited to:
- Meet with decision-makers, movers and shakers
- Use social media to raise awareness and create change
- Encouraging the public to take online and in person campaign actions
- Develop analyses and write ups on key issues
- Help to plan and deliver strategic personalities to lobby in your consistuency
- Partner with our team to plan events and social media activities
- Help ONE identify strategic media institutions to target in order to maximize publicity
- Assist in the mobilization of supporters in Nigeria
Raise ONE’s profile in your community
You may also check:
- Apply for Miles Morland Foundation African Scholarship 2020 at the University of East Anglia, UK
- French African Young Leaders Program 2020
- ExxonMobil Upstream Internships 2020 for Undergraduates & Graduates
- A passion for our mission to end extreme poverty and an interest in international issues
- Willingness to attend a programme induction and training in person in Abuja
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to encourage and support others
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to organise own workload efficiently
- A clear commitment to integrity
- A commitment to stay engaged with the ONE Campaign throughout the year
- Passion for creating change
- Proven commitment to efforts to end poverty
- Interest in engaging policymakers on issues of relevance
- Willingness to dedicate some time to raise awareness and mobilise different people to support ONE’s initiative
- Only applicants who are between the ages of 18 and 35 will be considered.
- A fantastic opportunity and network to make significant impact in your community and the world working with a high visible, mission-driven organisation in an incredible,supportive environment.
- Trainings on grassroots campaigning and advocacy
Gain experience on the practical side of campaigning
- Opportunities to engage with policy makers
- Receive a ONE certificate of appreciation/completion
- Exposure and opportunity to represent ONE at both local and international conferences.