This annual award, which began in 2007, is organized and presented by the Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Council (AFFRC), the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (MAFF) of Japan and supported by Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS).
Its purpose is to increase motivation among young researchers contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing regions. Young researchers who show outstanding performance and research achievements that may lead to future innovation will be commended with the Japan Award.
Learn Web Design, Forex, Graphics Design, Digital Marketing for FREE here
- Should be researchers who have the nationality of developing countries and/or territories, and belong to a non-Japanese research institute or a non-Japanese university
- Should be under the age of 40 (as of January 1, 2020)
- Should be engaged in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing regions, including the food industry sector and the field of environment
- Must be able to attend the commendation ceremony in Japan, 2020
You may also check:
- Business School Netherlands/Orange Knowledge Programme Scholarship 2020
- Graduates Trainee and Experienced Jobs at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria
- Ashoka Young Changemakers Programme 2020
Up to three researchers will be invited to Japan and awarded a testimonial by the Chairman of the AFFRC during the commendation ceremony. They will also receive a cash prize of US$5,000 each from JIRCAS (MOTAI-JIRCAS Award*).
＊ Mr. Shigeru MOTAI is a former Chairman of the AFFRC and the donor of this award. This award is supported by the Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS).
How to apply
・For application forms and application guidelines, please visit the website of the Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS).
・Applications must be submitted by the recommending research institute.
・Only one researcher can be recommended from each institute, including its branches.
・Due date for submission of application is Monday, March 23, 2020.