The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic.
Granting scholarships to citizens from developing countries for studies at Czech public higher education institutions (referred to as “universities”) is an important part of the foreign development cooperation of the Czech Republic and has a long tradition. From the late 1950s to the present day over 20 000 foreign nationals have completed their studies at Czech universities with a scholarship of the Government of the Czech Republic.
Government scholarships for studies at universities in the Czech Republic are governed by a Resolution of the Government of the Czech Republic as part of a joint project pursued by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Eligible Countries and Study Programmes
Scholarships for the academic year 2021/2022 are offered to the citizens of the following countries:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina,
- and Zambia.
You may also check:
- Apply for Learn Africa Scholarship Program 2020/2021 for female undergraduates & graduates
- Nigeria Police Force (NPF) Recruitment 2020 (APPLY NOW)
- Apply for Agropolis Foundation 2021 Olam Prize for Innovation in Food Security
The scholarships are dedicated solely to promoting the studies of foreign nationals from developing third countries. Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permanent residence permit in the territory of the Czech Republic may, therefore, apply for a scholarship.
These so-called Government Scholarships are designed to cover the standard length of study:
- in Follow-up Master study programmes plus a one-year-long preparatory course of the Czech language (which is combined with other field-specific training). Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates of Bachelor’s degree programmes. They can enrol only in study programmes from the selected areas of study in which instruction is given in the Czech language. Depending on the subject area, applicants are normally required to sit entrance examinations at the university concerned. Successful passing of entrance examinations constitutes a precondition for a scholarship award;
- in Follow-up Master study programmes or Doctoral study programmes. Government scholarships of this category are awarded to graduates from Bachelor or Master study programmes, respectively, who enrol in study programmes with instruction in the English language.
Application Submission and Deadline
Each applicant is obliged to fill in an electronic application form available at http://registr.dzs.cz/registr.nsf at the latest by 30 September of the year prior to the given academic year (i.e. the calendar year that precedes the academic year for which scholarships are offered).
Prospective applicants are advised to read carefully the guidelines before applying.
Prospective applicants shall acquaint themselves with information on personal data protection at the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport of the Czech Republic, in compliance with the respective EU GDPR Regulation:
- in Czech: http://www.msmt.cz/ministerstvo/zakladni-informace-o-zpracovani-osobnich-udaju-ministerstvem;
- in English: https://www.msmt.cz/contacts-and-informations/basic-information-about-personal-data-processing-by-the
Information on personal data protection at the Ministry’s subordinate agency, Centre for International Cooperation in Education, is available at:
- in Czech: http://www.dzs.cz/file/6546/oznameni_stipendia-msmt-pdf/; http://www.dzs.cz/cz/o-dzs/gdpr/
- in English: http://www.dzs.cz/file/6633/gdpr_scholarships_en-pdf/; http://www.dzs.cz/en/about-dzs/gdpr_en/
Application Deadline: 30th September, 2020.