The Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) in conjunction with the MTN Foundation (MTNF) announces entrance examinations for the Fifteenth (16th) set of the MTNF/MUSON Diploma course in music for the 2021 – 2022 academic year.
The MUSON School of Music is staffed and equipped to meet international standards in music education.
The examinations will take place from September 6th – September 8th, 2021 and will take the form of:
- A written examination in Music Theory at appropriately grade 5 standard and general music knowledge.
- An audition on a major instrument or voice of at least grade 5 standard before a faculty or jury.
- An aural interview.
Applicants for the MTNF/MUSON Diploma course in music are expected to possess the following minimum academic requirements:
- The General Certificate of Education (GCE) ordinary level with credits in at least five (5) subjects including English language.
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) with credits in at least 5 subjects including English language.
The five (5) credits must have been obtained at not more than two (2) sittings and before admission to the Diploma course.
- PRACTICAL: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON School such as ABRSM or Trinity.
- THEORY: Grade five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognized by the MUSON SCHOOL.
You may also check:
- Swansea University Hillary Rodham Clinton Scholarship Programme 2022 for International Masters Students
- Data Entry Assistant vacancy at Heartland Alliance Ltd
- Graduate Trainees needed at Polaris Bank Limited
NOTE: Applicants who possess the above Practical or Theory certificates must also satisfy the GCE (O/L) or SSCE requirements.
Interested applicants who are deficient in the theory requirements but display an outstanding practical ability in the opinion of the Faculty/Jury may be considered for admission but must enroll in the remedial theory course to meet the necessary standard by the end of the first year.
The application form to be filled is available below.
Applicants are to submit completed forms and attach passport photograph scanned to – firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should reach,
MUSON School of Music,
8/9, Marina, Onikan,
On or before August 23rd, 2021.
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted
Only short listed applicants will be notified by August 30, 2021 and given an examination number which permits them to take examinations, auditions, and interview.
Successful candidates from the examinations will be invited for admission.
PLEASE NOTE THAT MUSON SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR FINAL SELECTION OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES!!!
Application Deadline: 23rd August, 2021.