Moove is Africa’s First Free Multi-Content Streaming Platform. We are currently recruiting for the position of Facilities Manager.
About the Role
Moove is looking for an experienced leader with strong business acumen and an entrepreneurial attitude to be the Facilities Manager, reporting to the Chief People Officer. As a proven result-driven person, the Facility Manager will be responsible for making sure that buildings and their services meet the needs of the people that work in them.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in implementing successful growth strategies and leading teams. The Facilities Manager will be prepared to be fully accountable for a safe place where employees can work under the best conditions.
In this role, you will dig deep into the efficient management of all organizational facilities so as to make the organization more efficient and amazing. If you’ve got excellent leadership ability, some big ideas, and an uncanny knack for phenomenal efficiency, this is the role for you!
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 3 years
- Location: Lagos
We are looking for a Facilities Manager who will be responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructures and also ensuring that facilities are safe and functioning well. The ideal candidate for the role will be someone who is a facility expert who also has deep knowledge in optimizing the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Overseeing and agreeing to contracts and providers for services including security, parking, cleaning, technology, and so on.
- Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including cleaning, maintenance, security
- Ensuring that basic facilities, such as water and electricity are available at all times.
- Managing budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness.
- Allocating and managing space between buildings.
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Advising businesses on increasing energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Overseeing building projects, renovations, or refurbishments
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Perform analysis and forecasting
- Helping our teams to relocate to new locations and to make decisions about leasing.
What You will need for this position
- BSc/BA in facility management, engineering, business administration, or relevant field
- Proven experience as a facilities manager or relevant position
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. CFM) will be an advantage.
Who You’ll Be Working with:
Directly reporting to our Chief People Officer, and closely working with our Operations & People Team.
You may also check:
- 2021 African Plant Nutrition MSc MPhil PhD Student Scholar Award Program (USD $2,000)
- Driver and Technician jobs at Beckley Consulting Ltd
- Graphic Designer needed at Ysidra Creative Solutions Limited
About the team
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt vehicle ownership and make cities better.
Moove is strongly committed to diversity within its community.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently.
Pre-hiring Notice: Moove relies on the accuracy of the information contained in employment applications, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring process and during employment. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in any information or data provided by an applicant may result in the applicant being excluded from further consideration for employment or if an individual has already been hired, termination of employment.
EEO Statement: Moove is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, political affiliation or any other protected characteristic.
About Moove: Moove is a mobility asset finance company and is Uber’s preferred fleet partner across Sub-Saharan Africa. Our Vision is to democratize vehicle ownership and empower mobility entrepreneurs across Africa.
Our Core values are Compassion, Excellence, Innovation, Teamwork, Trust, and Ownership.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2021.