Softcom is a leading technology company with a mission to ensure inclusive human growth through our products and programs. Our Programs division has been set up to deepen Softcom’s lifetime purpose of delivering inclusive human growth to society.
About 8 years ago, a friend’s brother needed help with a business hitch. My idea of solving that issue with what little tech was available back then is who Softcom has become today. Softcom is a group of professionals whose overarching goal is to add value.
For 3 years, we have supported organisations in their quest for impact and growth using Technology. From MTN, to the Federal Government of Nigeria, Softcom has delivered end-to-end technology solutions enabling business and social impact. Our Labs is engineering new apps to improve learning, living and working in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 7 years
- Location: Lagos
Location: Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
- Softcom is a leading technology company with a mission to ensure inclusive human growth through our products and programs. Our Programs division has been set up to deepen Softcom’s lifetime purpose of delivering inclusive human growth to society.
- The overarching vision of this unit is to create value through highly sustainable impact programs which enable micro and small businesses to take control of their own growth. The unit achieves this by designing such programs, validating them with a sample size, scaling them and accelerating their impact.
- The Business Coach provides advice and assistance to entrepreneurs through developing business coaching plans, determining business needs, identifying business strengths and weaknesses, finding solutions to various business issues, making recommendations accordingly.
You may also check:
- Apply for The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Undergraduate & Postgraduate Scholarships 2021/2022
- New Job vacancy at Coca-Cola Company
- Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a comprehensive coaching plan (strategic plan and roadmap) for program participants (business owners).
- Schedule and provide in-program and-post-program support through 1:1 virtual coaching sessions to participants
- Communicate with participants to better understand their vision and goals.
- Provide advice, clarity and support by identifying business needs, finding solutions and makingtangible recommendations on their growth goals.
- Assess participants’ strengths and weaknesses and propose guide for development.
- Assist participants in utilizing their personal skills for their business growth.
- Guide clients in the completion of strategic business growth tasks.
- Monitor business growth and establish methods for improvement.
- Keep participants accountable and motivated.
- Analyze strategic plans that have contributed to the company’s successes and/or failures
- Work with the Program Intelligence Specialist to gather, document and present data onparticipants’ progress.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Business Administration, Organizational psychology or other relevant fields.
- 7+ years of experience in business consulting, analysis or management.
- Relevant experience in supporting start-up growth.
- Strong business acumen and problem solving skills
- Effective communication and active listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; motivation, leadership and patience.
- Strong digital competence and experience with virtual office management and calendaringsoftware.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail.
Application Deadline: Unspecified.