UNDP, under the auspices of the “Plastic Waste Recovery for a Circular Green Economy in Ghana” project with funding from the Coca-Cola Foundation (TCCF) is launching the 2nd edition of the Waste Recovery Innovation Challenge (WRIC).
The aim is to provide technical and financial support to business solutions that will promote and/or test innovative strategies for plastic waste recovery and management in Ghana.
We are seeking to provide financial and technical support to businesses that have a good management structure; have the possibility of making profit in the short, medium and long term; create employment and other income generation opportunities especially for women and youth; and should lead to/contribute to bringing a lasting solution to plastic waste recovery and management challenge in a specific area/community or region in Ghana. Special consideration will be given to projects that contribute to COVID-19 response and recovery.
This call for concept notes only applies to the private sector for business related projects, focusing on plastic waste recovery and management. The 2nd edition of WRIC is taking place within the broader framework of the Waste Recovery Platform, which is Ghana’s largest space for connecting ideas, people and resources for waste recovery in a circular economy context. With its four dimensions (1. Convening mechanism; 2. Digital platform; 3. Promoter of innovation; 4. Advocacy and awareness creation space) the Platform is to:
- facilitate more cost-effective and transparent access to ready data for evidenced-based planning on waste and sanitation management;
- enhance access to knowledge on best available technologies on waste recovery;
- make it easier to find/link solution providers and off-takers; stimulate research and innovation on waste recovery; and
- create an online market place for waste resource exchange; and build capacity of key personnel (local government, private sector, NGOs and Academia) to enhance waste and sanitation management particularly at the decentralized level.
You may also check:
- NPOWER 2020: How to Apply and Get Chosen
- 2020 Scholarships at Wits-TUB Urban Lab
- Apply for ITU/UN Women Equals in Tech Awards 2020 for Gender Equality & Mainstreaming in Technology
- As a first step in the competition process, we are requesting interested entrepreneurs to submit a Concept Note to email@example.com by 24 July 2020, 5pm GMT.
- All concept notes should be developed and submitted using the ‘WRIC CONCEPT NOTE APPLICATION FORM’ template.
- See further background information and guidelines in the ‘CALL FOR CONCEPT NOTE’ document.
For more information or if you are interested in joining the Waste Recovery Platform, or knowing more about the plastic waste recovery project please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
CALL FOR CONCEPT NOTE DOCUMENTS
Application Deadline: 24th July 2020, 5pm GMT.