The Ignite Innovation Lab (IGL) Digital Transformation, is an online startup incubator that provides lessons on human centered design-thinking, digital marketing, and is committed to equipping youths in Africa with the digital literacy and critical skills necessary to create digital enterprise solutions that are progressing the Sustainable Development Goals and adapt to the global workforce—and the very nature of work in the 21st Century. IGL is a program of Inspire Africa for Global Impacts Initiative.
IGL helps people and organizations navigate workforce shifts, such as addressing the urgent need to shift to a remote workforce to protect and serve customers and to establish business continuity.
It helps African startups shift to digital platforms during and post COVID-19 while rapidly gaining the skills needed to foster entrepreneurship and create new technologies, businesses, and jobs. Inspire Africa launches its digital version of the Ignite Innovation Lab in July 2020 and the program will run from August 8-22, 2020.
The Innovation Lab Challenge is open to young innovative Africans (aged 19-28) who are interested in learning about relevant soft and digital skills; are ready to employ critical and design thinking to solve complex problems, and are passionate about upgrading their knowledge on digital marketing and using the knowledge gained to build viable online businesses and create job opportunities.
Participants will work virtually in a team project task through a facilitated process of a Design Thinking challenge to co-create innovative and sustainable online business/digital enterprise solutions that will solve complex problems within the African community, create jobs, and simultaneously address a United Nations Sustainable Development Goal.
Participants will join a team of four or five, with members drawn from around sub-Saharan Africa. The team uses cloud computing to communicate with its members and submit their business proposals within two weeks, which will be published on the solutions page of the Inspire Africa website.
You may also check:
- Application for UONGOZI Institute Leadership Essay Competition 2020
- 2020 Fresh Vacancies at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Masters & PhD Scholarships 2020/2021 for study in Germany (Funded)
To qualify for the IGL Challenge, participants MUST:
- Be a young or aspiring entrepreneur from across Africa.
- Be between the ages of 19-28 at the start of the program.
- Be proficient in English.
- Have access to the internet and a valid Gmail account.
- Have access to a computer or smartphone device that allows Google apps/G-suite.
- Have a well developed CV.
Teams will pitch virtually and the winning team members will receive :
- Brand new laptops/cash prizes
- A copy of the Winning Streak Book
- Outstanding members will receive awards of recognition and all participants will get a certificate of completion.
Application Deadline: 24 July, 2020 at 11:59 PM WAT.