Ashoka Young Changemakers are a carefully selected network of young people who have found their power to create change for the good of all, and who are engaging their peers and the entire society in realizing a world where everyone is a changemaker.
You are a changemaker
1. Your idea – You deeply empathized with a problem and from that understanding developed your own original idea for addressing it.
2. Your team – You built a team around this idea. You lead by helping others lead as well and find their power as changemakers.
3. Your world changed – You helped improve people’s lives and the environment around them. You are always committed to the good of all.
4. You are a co-leader – You want to help others change their worlds. You will spread changemaking among your peers and you will help co-lead the global movement to give everyone the power you have found, i.e., to be a changemaker.
You may also check:
- Dutch Government 2020 Challenge Fund for Youth Employment
- Apply to the United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNAIS) 2020 Master’s and Doctoral Scholarship
- Stanbic IBTC Digital Graduate Trainee Program (DigiTAP) 2020
Stage 1: Apply, get nominated, or share your changemaking journey and ideas for helping everyone similarly obtain their power, i.e., become changemakers.
Stage 2: Talk with 3–5 social entrepreneurs and young changemakers from Ashoka’s global network. Gain insights to advance your changemaking journey.
Stage 3: Bring a team member (and perhaps an important adult ally of your work) to an in-person discussion and selection panel, including top social entrepreneurs, journalists, and other leaders. Meet other top young changemakers and discuss ideas for co-leading an Everyone a Changemaker movement.
Stage 4: Access resources to contribute to the movement. The panel and Ashoka will invite a select group to become Ashoka Young Changemakers.
The selected Ashoka Young Changemakers are inducted into a global community and gain access to workshops, strategic mentorship, fundraising support, media partnerships, exposure visits and more opportunities to grow themselves and their initiatives.