The program is a Public Relations (PR) and communications mentorship program dedicated exclusively to the business development needs of African Tech female founders.
C Moore Media has launched The Future is Female Mentorship Program to provide the underserved market of African female founders of early-stage start-ups with the PR and communications insights, knowledge, and skills needed to gain more visibility and grow their business. The program is aimed at African women based on the continent or in the Diaspora, and are launching or growing a tech business for African markets or serving Africans in the Diaspora.
Ten African female founders will be selected to participate in the inaugural The Future is Female Mentorship Program, and become members of the Class of 2020. The program will take place virtually, and we invite mentees to participate in a group master class hosted on Zoom, followed by three online one hour, one-on-one sessions. We will align the customized individual sessions with the needs of each mentee and their business development goals. The program is complimentary and led by CMM MD/founder Claudine Moore with participation from CMM team members and corporate partners.
Once you have completed this program, you will own insights into the fundamentals of PR and communications, and understand how to leverage this knowledge to gain visibility, grow your business, and build your brand.
- The business is less than two years old.
- You are female-founded or have at least one woman who is part of the co-founder team.
- Your company is Africa-focused serving African markets or Africans in the Diaspora.
- The company is an early-stage start-up (pre-series A investment).
- You have a business plan in place.
- You have a minimum viable product (MVP)
- You have launched your start-up and have initial traction (i.e., money, users, etc.)
While we welcome applications from a vast cross-section of businesses and sectors, start-ups that focus on health, education, finance, agriculture, and sustainability will be given special consideration. We will also pay special attention to businesses that address the needs/service African women and girls in African markets or the Diaspora.
You may also check:
- Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2021 for Nigerian Teacher Training Students
- Head, Radio & TV Transmitter Engineering at Inspiration 92.3FM
- Welsh Government’s Wales & Africa Immediate COVID Response Grant 2020/2021
- A customized online master class with Claudine Moore MD/Founder, CMM and Adjunct Professor, New York University
- Insights into the fundamentals of PR and communications for Africa-focused start-ups
- Practical examples of how to incorporate storytelling into your communications
- A topline review of The Three T’s: Theme, Tone, and Timing of communications and content creation
- Information on how to create an actionable communications campaign
- An overview of media relations with an outline of the differences between the hyper-local, regional and global press
- COVID Communications: Learn how the media landscape has changed and how this affects your business
- Tips on business relationship development with a cross-section of stakeholders
- Three one hour one-on-one mentoring sessions specific to your business and sector.
Application Deadline: June 29th 2020.