At Zercom systems, we offer the highest levels of experience, professionalism and integrity as well as certified expertise in virtually all computing systems and products to solve the most challenging needs. We work closely with our clients to understand the nature of their business challenges and ultimate business objectives and offer best possible solutions using the latest innovations in the Business/IT industry. With our core competencies in the areas of Process Automation, Business Transformation, and Learning & Development, we guarantee to take your business to the next level.
- The successful candidate would be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and updating plugins.
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems.
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design is strongly preferred.
- Also, an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment is preferred.
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and/or plugin.
- Build websites, prototypes, and applications using the latest frontÂ¬end and back-end technologies
- Providing timely resolution to reported problems with existing websites.
- Working closely with both the design and project resources to achieve the best possible results in web projects from conception right through to delivery.
- Ensuring all work adheres to current industry best practices.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and able to work in a team environment.
- Use common sense at all times and pay close attention to detail.
- Client-facing demeanor for Training & Support.
- Job Type: Contract, Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 1 year
- Location: Lagos
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
You may also check:
- Apply for Women in Conflict 1325 Fellowship Programme
- Apply for Ireland Fellows Programme-Africa Scholarship 2021/2022 (Fully Funded study in Ireland)
- Apply for Facebook/Africa Check Health Fellowship 2020
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines (MIS, Web Development, etc) preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of building WordPress CMS websites using the best practice & defacto standard plugins
- Experience working with WordPress at a PHP code level:
- Knowledge of existing inbuilt WordPress functions.
- Customizing WordPress to support specific functionality
- Creation of custom post types.
- Creation of plugins/widgets written to conform with WordPress coding standards.
- Creation of clean, logical, well documented, and reusable code.
- Theme/template integration.
- Knowledge of WordPress Network (Multisite) required.
- Familiar with AWS LAMP Stack Configuration
- Experience creating multilingual websites.
- Developing wire-frame mock-ups to illustrate possible solutions
- Good understanding of crossÂ¬-platform and cross-Â¬browser issues.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Use of AJAX / Prototype / script.aculo.us an advantage.
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial)
- Knowledge of different PHP frameworks, libraries, or any other technology relevant to WordPress Multisite
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 4th September, 2020.