Absa is a truly African brand, inspired by the people we serve and committed to finding local solutions to uniquely local challenges and everything we do is focused on adding value.
ℹ️98% of CVs are rarely accepted. Be among the TOP 2%. Let CV Experts review your Curriculum Vitae and get your new & quality CV within 1 hour
Click to begin
To this end, we offer all our clients across the continent a range of retail, business, corporate and investment, and wealth management solutions as well as ensure a positive impact in all the countries where we operate. We are Brave, Passionate, and ready – and committed to playing an active role in shaping Africa’s future.
Absa is more than a banking institution. We understand that, in the 4th industrial revolution, it will be the collaboration of Africa’s smartest, most driven people, working with advanced technology that will build the organization we aspire to become. And shape the world we want to live in.
This is where the GenA Grad Programme comes in. Absa is recruiting Africa’s brightest young Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths graduates to join a new generation: we call them GenA. They are A+ achievers; those who are on their A-Game, who are proudly African. Those who are a perfect fit for Absa.
A new name for a new group of tomorrow’s leaders.
If you’d like to be part of GenA; if you too have the vision of not just building your career, but also building your continent, we have a customised programme built for your talent and unique capabilities.
To get a taste of what it would be like to work at Absa, apply for the GenA Grad Programme now, and take your place.
- A postgraduate qualification (minimum NQF Level 8) obtained before January 2021 (with the exception of Computer Science, as these students do not need a postgraduate qualification)
- Less than 24 months’ permanent work experience (this excludes temporary work during full-time studies)
- You must be a citizen of the country you are applying, or have the necessary permits and documents to prove you’re eligible to work in that country (you will be required to upload these documents with your application)
- A structured development journey in the first year of employment
- Permanent employment at Absa from day one, with a competitive package
- Vehicle and home finance at staff rates
- Reduced banking fees
- Exclusive access to WorkInProgress*: our global innovation hub
- Bringing your solutions from the Human Quantum Computer to life
- A dedicated Young Talent Team to support you
- The opportunity to be a part of initiatives affecting real change in Africa
- A strong support network of alumni
- Access to a vast networking of opportunities in Africa
How to Apply:
To apply for this scholarship, candidates should decide which career path suits their ambitions, then apply online with full academic results/transcripts and CV.
1. Online application
Applications are screened to ensure they meet our minimum academic requirements. How you approach and answer the application questions will also play a role in our selection process.
2. First round interview
As a quick way to get to know you, interviews will be done over the phone or face-to-face.
3. Psychometric assessment
An online assessment will be sent to you to complete.
4. Assessment centre
Depending on the business area you have been shortlisted for, you’ll be invited for further assessments, which may include a variety of group exercises, role-plays, case studies and interviews.
You may also check:
- World Summit Award (WSA) 2020 for Digital Entrepreneurs
- Apply for Microsoft Software Engineering Intern Recruitment 2020
- Schwarzman Scholars Program 2021 for Young Leaders to study in China
Shaping Africa’s future
Absa is committed to finding local solutions to uniquely local challenges and everything we do is focused on adding value and shaping Africa’s future.
- GenA Graduate Programme
- SAICA Trainee Programme
- CIMA Trainee programme
- Absa Bursary Programme
Application Deadline: June 30th 2020.