The International Competition Network (ICN) and the World Bank Group are pleased to announce the launch of the 2019 – 2020 Competition Advocacy Contest. This contest aims to highlight the key role competition agencies, sector regulators and other governmental bodies or non-governmental organizations play in promoting competition by showcasing their advocacy success stories.
As defined by the ICN, competition advocacy refers to activities that promote a competitive environment through non-enforcement mechanisms, such as building relationships with government entities, increasing public awareness of competition’s benefits and identifying and removing anticompetitive policies and regulations.
We are looking for success stories from competition agencies, other public bodies or civil society that demonstrate the tangible results of competition advocacy regarding:
Theme 1. Unleashing competition for more and better jobs
Theme 2. Aligning industrial policies with competition principles
Theme 3. Promoting pro-competition data regulation
Theme 4. Boosting policy effectiveness through better coordination between enforcement and advocacy
Submissions will undergo a rigorous assessment of the following criteria:
- Relevance of the competition issue tackled by the initiative;
- Success of the advocacy activity – results achieved;
- Impact and effects on markets, spillover effects and lessons learned;
- Advocacy strategy – creativity and originality, cooperation mechanisms deployed.
An independent panel will review the submissions and select the top stories.
You may also check:
- French Government Challenge 2020 for African Entrepreneurs
- U.S Government TechWomen Emerging Leaders Program 2020 for Women in STEM to study in the United States of America
- Bristol Short Story Prize 2020 International writing competition
Winning applicants will be invited to present their stories at a joint ICN-World Bank Group event, and winning stories will be featured in an ICN-World Bank Group Publication.
Winners and honorable mentions will be announced by March 31th, 2020.