Are you a promising writer living outside the UK? Would you like to have your story heard by the world? You’re invited to submit your scripts for the 27th International Radio Playwriting Competition.
Do you need a new CV or you want to upgrade your CV quality for better performance?
Click to begin
The International Radio Playwriting Competition, hosted by BBC World Service and the British Council, offers the unique opportunity for playwrights to have their radio play heard across the world by the BBC World Service’s millions of listeners.
You may also check:
- UWE Millennium Scholarship for International Students
- Google Business Internship Programme 2020 for Africans
- Job Vacancies at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
Whether you’re an established or a completely new writer, the competition welcomes scripts from anyone outside of the UK. The radio dramas can be on any subject you like, as long as they are 53 minutes long.
This year the two first prizes can come from either the English as a First Language or the English as a Second Language category. Both winners will receive a cash prize of £2,500 sterling, travel to London to attend an award ceremony, and see their plays recorded before they’re broadcast on the BBC World Service.
Entry to the International Radio Playwriting Competition 2020 is open to anyone over the age of 18 (as of 31 January 2020), who is not normally a resident of the United Kingdom. Both new and established writers are encouraged to apply.
There are two categories for entry. One is for entrants who speak English as a first language, the other for entrants with English as a second language. The BBC may require proof of eligibility for the second category.
Entry is only open to anyone who is over the age of 18 as at 31 January 2020 who is not normally a resident of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Channel Islands or Isle of Man (“UK”).
How to Apply:
Entrants should write a radio play of approximately 53 minutes’ length on any subject of their choice. The play must be written substantially or entirely in English. Your script should be accompanied by a short synopsis, of no more than 400 words, which outlines the complete story of the play. You can apply by the following methods:
- online at https://bbcplaywrite.monterosa.co.uk/
- by e-mail to: email@example.com
- in person at your local British Council office
- by post to: International Playwriting Competition 2020, BBC Radio Drama, Room 6015 BBC Broadcasting House, Portland Place, London, W1A 1AA United Kingdom
In order for your entry to be accepted it must be accompanied by a completed copy of the entry form which can be downloaded here.
Read all the information about how to apply before submitting an application.
You may also check:
- Commonwealth Split-site (PhD) Scholarships 2020 to Study in the United Kingdom (Fully Funded)
- Call for Nomination for African Scientists to attend the 7th Lindau Meeting on Economic Sciences – Lindau, Germany
- MTN Academic Research and Development Innovation Challenge 2019 (MTN ARDIC) for Postgraduate Students