The COVID-19 pandemic is likely to increase poverty and inequality, further exposing weaknesses in healthcare systems, the precariousness of work, and the challenging prospects for the young of accessing opportunities they desperately need.
The 2020 IMF Youth Fellowship Contest gives opportunity to young participants to become part of the global efforts to build forward better and join the IMF at the forefront of the response to the crisis. Participants will have a firsthand experience of the IMF virtual Annual Meetings and will be given access to attend virtual training led by IMF experts and media professionals from Politico and others to boost their skills as multimedia storytellers in the current economic environment focusing on building a better future for youth. At the end of the training participants will submit a final piece (blog/article or video) and 4 winners will be chosen to participate in an IMF youth panel discussion and their work will be featured on IMF channels.
- Aged 20 – 32
- Journalists (affiliated to a news/media outlet or working as an independent journalist).
- Content Creators (bloggers/ vloggers with online platforms).
- Communications and development professionals.
• Demonstrated knowledge, expertise and creativity in various communications platforms and/or journalism.
• Knowledge and expertise in international studies, basic economics and development is a plus.
• Degree in communications, journalism, economics, international relations, development or related field is desirable.
• Basic knowledge of English (for the training program and Annual Meetings coverage).
- Media and video storytelling training by media experts from Politico.
- Participation in IMF Youth Fellowship training focused on current global economic issues, including economic growth, inequality, Fintech and climate change.
- Access to the Annual Meetings seminars and events.
- Participation in a panel discussion with IMF senior management.
- The winning articles and videos will be featured on IMF.org.
You may also check:
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2020
- Sales Promoters wanted at Duwell Olives Co. Limited
- Become a Customer Service Representative at Waya Multilink
*All entries should be submitted here by September 24, 2020, 11:59 p.m. (EDT)
Phase I: Contest will open to all via application form on the contest website.
- September 1 – Announcement
- September 24 – Deadline for applications
Phase II: Selected participants will join an intensive capacity building program during the Annual Meetings
- October 5 – Shortlisted participants announcement
- October 12 – 17 – Training on media and video storytelling; Workshop on current global economic issues including inclusive growth, inequality, Fintech and climate change; Coverage of the Annual Meetings seminars and events.
- November 8 – Final products submission
Phase III: The 4 winners will participate in a panel with IMF senior management and will have their entries highlighted on IMF.org.
- November 30 – Winners announcement
Phase IV: Panel discussion featuring winners of the fellowship contest and featuring their articles/ videos on IMF channels.
Application Deadline: 24th September, 2020, 11:59 p.m (EDT).