Every year, the Chivas Venture gives away $1 million in no-strings funding to social entrepreneurs, who blend profit with purpose to have a positive impact on the world.
The Chivas Venture is an annual competition to find and support the most promising social entrepreneurs, who use business to solve social and/or environmental issues.
You may also check:
- Hague Innovation Challenge 2020 for Innovative Startups
- Korean Government Scholarship Program 2020/2021 for study in South Korea
- SHELL Employment Opportunities – Graduate Programme 2019
Candidates must apply to the competition in one of the participating countries, for a chance to join the global final and win a share of $1million.
1. The founder, co-founder or a key decision-maker who will represent your business throughout the competition.
2. You must be aged 21 years old or over (as of 31 October 2019), and speak fluent English.
3. Your start-up must already be registered as a for-profit entity in the country you’re located, and earn no more than $1.5 million in annual revenue (from 1 September 2018 to 1 September 2019).
WHICH COUNTRIES ARE PARTICIPATING IN THE CHIVAS VENTURE 2019-20?
To enter the competition, your business must be registered in one of the following countries:
- South Africa
If you are selected to take part in the global final, you will have the opportunity to win a share of $1 Million in funding. Each finalist will have the chance to tell us how much funding they seek and how they believe this will make a difference for their business.
The first $100,000 of the fund will be allocated by the public, via a 3-week online vote. The Finalist with the most votes will receive $50,000. The 5 Finalists with the next 5 highest numbers of votes will receive $10,000 each.
The remaining $900,000 of the fund will be allocated by the judges at the Global Final: $750,000 will be distributed amongst the top 5 finalists at the Grand Final, and $150,000 will be shared amongst the 5 Semi-Finalists and 10 Quarter-Finalists who didn’t make it to the Grand Final – see Terms & Conditions for full details.
You may also check: