Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) is an intensive academic and enrichment program designed for African secondary school students planning to pursue tertiary education and who wish to make meaningful impact as young leaders on the continent.
Participants will enhance their academic skills, receive university admission and financial aid application guidance, and join a network of young leaders from across Africa. Following the eight-day program, students will be paired with mentors who will help advise them throughout the university application process. There are no tuition, meal, or lodging costs for students to participate in YYAS.
- Age: You must be at least 14 years old by application deadline (12 February 2020) in order to be considered. Please note that a typical YYAS student is between the ages of 15 and 18.
- English: You must be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Citizenship: You must be a citizen or permanent resident of an African country. YYAS will also accept applications from refugees living in an African country.
- School location: You must currently attend school in an African country.
- Graduation date: If you attend school in the Northern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by earliest May/June 2021. If you attend school in the Southern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by earliest November/December 2020. Students who will graduate secondary school before August 2020 are NOT eligible to apply.
You may also check:
- French Government Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme 2020 for Masters & PhD Study in France (Funded)
- Customs and Excise Analyst vacancy at Guinness Nigeria Plc
- Energy Management Leadership Awards 2020 for Global Leaders in Clean Energy
How to Apply
|Step 1||Review the YYAS eligibility criteria.|
|Step 2||Review the YYAS application required components.|
|Step 3||Review a PDF of a sample blank application, and start preparing to answer as many application questions as possible.|
|Step 4||You will need to submit contact information for a parent/guardian, teacher, and/or official at your school. Reach out to them as soon as possible to review the PDF of a sample blank application with you, and be sure to collect the information you need.|
You may also check:
- African Development Bank Young Professionals Program 2020 for young Africans
- World Bank Africa Region 2020 #Blog4Dev Essay Contest for Africans (chance to intern at a World Bank Africa country office/Attend IMF Spring Meetings 2020 in Washington DC)
- Atlas Corps Fellowship 2020 for Young Global Leaders (Fully Funded to United States)
Complete the Application:
|Step 5||Once our application opens by the end of October, then you will be able to click APPLY NOW to start your YYAS application. Be sure to write down your email and password to access the application at a later time.|
|Step 6||Check the “Review” page of the application to see if you are missing any required components, and re-visit any pages that require further information.|
|Step 7||Once your application is complete, click on the “Review” page. Next click on the “Submit Application” button at the bottom of the page.|
|Step 8||Check your inbox for a YYAS confirmation receipt that indicates the successful submission of your application. Confirmation emails usually arrive within 24-48 hours of submission, due to occasional delays payment processing.|