Believing that global challenges are best addressed by a concerted effort, Thailand has, therefore, been promoted sustainable development through fostering South-South cooperation and global partnership. It is in this spirit of constructive collaboration that we have offered training fellowships and postgraduate scholarships to developing partners across the world.
ℹ️98% of CVs are rarely accepted. Be among the TOP 2%. Let CV Experts review your Curriculum Vitae and get your new & quality CV within 1 hour
Click to begin
Today, in addition to fellowships and scholarships offered as part of bilateral and triangular development cooperation projects, TICA offers over 700 training fellowships and 70 postgraduate scholarships for government officials from developing countries around the world through Annual International Training Course (AITC) and Thailand International Postgraduate Programme (TIPP).
Annual International Training Course (AITC) was initiated in 1991 as a framework in providing short-term training for developing partners. Today, the AITC remains one of TICA’s flagship programmes. It offers not only a training experience, but also a platform in exchanging ideas and establishing professional network among participants from across the world.
Thailand International Postgraduate Programme (TIPP) was introduced in 2000 as a framework in providing postgraduate scholarships for developing partners. Believing that knowledge sharing is an important pillar of South-South Cooperation, TIPP offers opportunities for Thailand and its partners to exchange their experiences and best practices that would contribute to long-term and sustainable development for all.
- Candidates must be nominated by the National Focal Point for International
Development Cooperation in a country from the TIPP eligible countries/territories list. (See “List of
- Candidates should be working in the area related to the course provided.
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree and/or professional experience related field or
related to graduate degree.
- Candidates must have a good command of English.Candidates who English is not the first language and Bachelor’s degree was not taught in English have to pass an English Language proficiency test according to criteria announced by University regulations.
- It is recommended that candidates be less than 50 years of age.
- Candidates must have good physical and mental condition.
- TICA reserves the rights to revoke scholarship offered to awardees who violate rules and
- Other requirements apart from these will be under consideration by the University
Selection of candidates
- In considering applications, particular attention shall be paid to the candidates’
background, their current position in the service of their Government, and practical use they expect
to make of the knowledge and experience gained from studying on the return to their Government
- Selection of candidates is also based on geographical distribution and gender balance,
unless priority is set for particular countries/ cooperation frameworks.
- Condition for Attendance
- Awardees are required to study full time and not to change the programme topic/ study plan.
- Any part time employment is not allowed.
- Awardees are not allowed to bring any family members to stay with them during study.
Benefit of Awardees
The Royal Thai Government will bear the following expenses for successful candidates during their study in Thailand. The expenses include:
- Return economy class air ticket and airport pick – up service Return economy class air ticket
- International travel – Return economy class air ticket will be provided via the most direct
and most economical route from the international airport at awardee’s respective country/territory to
the Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Bangkok – Thailand. The award does not cover domestic
travel cost in awardee’s respective country.
- Transit destination will be arranged, in case of a need for visa application to Thailand,
with the most direct and the most economical route basis.
- All booking and changes to the booking, including setting of date of arrival and departure,
must be done by TICA only. Ticket will be issued in electronic form (e-ticket) only.
- Baggage allowance quota is in line with the airlines’ policy. Any purchase for extra baggage
allowance is not covered by the award.
- Domestic travel in Thailand – will be provided via the most economical route from the Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Thailand to the airport where the university located.
- Your scholarship is confirmed once the travel documents/flights are verified
You may also check:
- World Summit Award (WSA) 2020 for Digital Entrepreneurs
- Women’s Peace & Humanitarian Fund (WPHF) Call for Proposal: COVID-19 Emergency Response
- Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) Australia Scholarships 2020/2021 for International Students
Monthly subsistence allowance
- Living allowance – Awardees will receive living allowance at the amount of 7,000 Baht per month.
- Accommodation allowance – Awardees will receive accommodation allowance at the amount
of 7,000 Baht per month in the regional province or 9,000 Baht per month in Bangkok and Phuket.
Awardees need to bring pocket money of approximately USD30 to cover the payment of
rental deposit (usually for 2 months) and advance rental for 1 month as requested by most
accommodation owners. TICA will not be responsible for the deposit since awardees will receive
back the deposit when their accommodation contract terminated.
Awardees will receive the settlement allowance at the amount of 6,000 Baht on their first
arrival to Thailand.
Awardees will receive books allowance at the amount of 10,000 Baht per year. (Only
4 semesters for Master’s degree)
– Awardees are strongly recommended to make necessary data collection in relation to their
proposed research topic, if it is to be done in their country, prior to coming to Thailand.
– Awardees will be given the thesis allowance as a lump sum amount of 20,000 Baht for compulsory fieldwork or data collection and a lump sum amount of 12,000 Baht for thesis printing or 8,000 Baht for
independent study (IS) printing.
– Awardees’ tuition fee will be directly reimbursed from TICA, except equipment insurance
fee, transcript and certificate fee
– Accident and Hospitalization Insurance during the period of study in Thailand will be provided.
– Cost of pre – existing illnesses, dental treatment, brain disease, mental illness, pregnancy
and glasses are NOT covered. Awardees are advised to obtain their own travel insurance which is
fully covered for any costs arising from loss or theft of personal belonging
- The candidates must fill in the online application form on TICA website: Thailand
International Cooperation Agency (TICA). Menu: Fellowships and Scholarships, Sub – menu:
Thailand International Postgraduate Programme, Click on: TIPP 2020
- The candidates must be nominated by the National Focal Point for International
Development Cooperation (such as Ministry of Foreign Affairs) or by relevant central government
agencies for which the nominated candidates currently work.
- Nomination must be in line with relevant rules and regulations of the nominating countries/territories. The National Focal Point will forward the nominated candidates’ documents to the Royal Thai Embassy/Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations/Royal Thai Consulate – General accredited to eligible countries/territories.
Please prepare one (1) original with two (2) copies of each document as these following items:
- TIPP application form (Download at:
- Medical report
- Transcript of Bachelor’s degree (to show the courses that you have learnt throughout
- Certificate of Bachelor’s degree
- English test score (e.g. TOELF, IELTS)
- Recommendation Letter (At least 3 people)
- Thesis proposal or other documents (As university request)
For more information, please contact;
Bureau of International Cooperation on Human Resource Development
Thailand International Cooperation Agency (TICA),
Government Complex, Building B (South Zone), 8th Floor,
Chaengwattana Rd. Laksi District, Bangkok 10210
Application Deadline: June 30th 2020.