The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Sciences Po aims to support 126 talented African students through their studies and to offer the next generation of leaders a world-class social science education, so they can go on to become changemakers in their home countries.
Over six years (2017 – 2022), the Scholars Program will fund:
- 20 scholarships to complete the Sciences Po Bachelor of Arts programme, Africa specialisation
- 46 scholarships to complete a Master’s programme at one of our seven graduate schools
- 60 scholarships reserved for Mastercard Foundation Scholars studying at other partner universities and who would like to attend Sciences Po Summer School.
You may also check:
- UWE Millennium Scholarship for International Students
- DAAD In-Region PhD 2019/2020 Scholarship Programme
- GIZ-SAIS Investment Readiness Programme 2019 in Agriculture
- The scholarships are awarded to students from sub-Saharan African countries with an outstanding academic record and strong leadership potential, but who face financial and other barriers to higher education.
- The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years for the Bachelor’s degree, two years for the Master’s degree and one month for the Summer School.
The scholarships are awarded to students from sub-Saharan African countries with an outstanding academic record and strong leadership potential, but who face financial and other barriers to higher education.
The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years for the Bachelor’s degree, two years for the Master’s degree and one month for the Summer School. They cover the full cost of tuition fees at Sciences Po and living costs in France during the study period.
As well as funding their studies, Sciences Po will offer scholars a specific suite of resources to ensure they have appropriate academic support and to facilitate their transition from education to employment:
- An orientation programme and individualised academic advising throughout their studies at Sciences Po
- A mentor programme offered in collaboration with the Africa Division of Sciences Po Alumni
- Career guidance and support: an online job platform dedicated to professional opportunities in Africa (internships and first jobs), access to our business incubator and the network of employers and alumni working in Africa, and specific career workshops.
You may also check:
- 2019 McKinsey & Company Young Leadership Programme Fellow
- Study at Harvard University ($USD $75,000 Stipend & Fully Funded) Nieman-Berkman Klein Fellowship in Journalism Innovation 2020/2021
- Leventis Foundation (Nigeria) One-Year Training Programme 2019/2020 in Modern and Sustainable Agriculture (Fully Funded)
How to Apply
Scholarships for the 2020/2021 academic year are awarded in collaboration with a network of partner institutions accepting the terms and conditions of the nomination framework.
Application deadlines for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships are:
- Bachelor: January 29, 2020
- Master: December 5, 2019