The AIMS Master’s degree in mathematical sciences is unique and at the forefront of innovation. Focusing on computer problem-solving and programming skills, it offers the opportunity to compete in the most advanced areas of mathematical sciences.
- Classes are taught by renowned African and international teachers and supported by a team of resident tutors.
- Students and teachers cohabit in a permanent learning environment.
- A highly interactive teaching environment where students are encouraged to learn together through questions and discoveries.
- An emphasis on computing with a 24 hour access to computer rooms and the internet.
- A Pan-African student body made up of at least 30% women. AIMS graduates embark on outstanding graduate programs and professional careers in Africa and around the world.
You may also check:
- Apply for Africa Biosciences Challenge Fund (ABCF) 2020 for Researchers
- Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2020 for Teacher Training Students
- Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Undergraduate, Masters & PhD Scholarship Programme 2020/2021 (Fully Funded)
Applicants must hold or expect to obtain by the date of commencement of AIMS training a 4-year university degree in mathematics or any other science / engineering discipline with a significant mathematics component.
Candidate records must demonstrate strong mathematics, leadership and community service skills.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Each candidate’s file will be assessed in light of the available training opportunities. Potential candidates must demonstrate both a high level of motivation and the potential to a satisfactory completion of the training.
Applications start on 1 December and Master’s degree applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their applications by 31 March for the August session. Successful applicants will be notified by May. Master’s degrees are awarded in partnership with leading local academic institutions affiliated with AIMS centers.
No registration fees are required for the candidates selected for the Master’s degree. Full scholarships covering tuition, accommodation, meals and travel expenses are also awarded to successful applicants.