We are neutral, independent and impartial Non -governmental Organization (NGO) dedicated to provide massive protection and response to protect children, young persons, women and the vulnerable in armed conflicts.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND, MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 2 – 6 years
- Location: Adamawa, Borno
- The primary functions of the Nutrition officer is to provide leadership and overall day to day management of all Nutrition Food Security programming at duty designation and state, participate in defining intervention priorities, develop necessary contacts and relationships with government, non-government, donors and UN agencies at the field level; Contribute to the development of strategies and manage existing programs and resources, and provide day to day supervision, management and coaching to a wide team of Nutrition Food Security in the operation areas.
- Ensure that Life at Best Development Initiative program is delivering the highest level of quality of nutrition services in line to national and international guideline.
You may also check:
- WACWISA Masters & PhD Scholarships 2021/2022
- Job Vacancies at Sterling Bank
- Facebook’s Business Solutions Accelerator Program 2021
- Effective implementation of LABDI’s Emergency Nutrition Projects within the frame work of pertinent national policy, strategy and guidelines
- Ensure observance, respect the dignity of beneficiaries and members of the community at all times
- Participate in any nutrition sector-specific assessments and make technical recommendations for appropriate activities, both for initial disaster response phase and for longer-term disaster risk reduction and transition phase.
- Determine the cause of malnutrition in the emergency response and formulate appropriate responses that will address the cause.
- Assess the immediate lifesaving nutrition interventions needed (such as MAM) in addition to IYCF.
- Provide direct hands-on technical support to Nutrition Staff to effectively and innovatively manage emergency nutrition projects with focus on key technical areas
- Ensure that emergency nutrition and related projects are technically sound, environmentally friendly, socially and cultural acceptable
- Actively represent Life at Best Development Initiative in nutrition sector discussions and activities, serve as Life at Best Development Initiative nutrition sector resource person, and display technical and organizational leadership in sectorial activity commensurate with the role as a primary resource person for Life at Best Development Initiative in your working areas.
- Manage Life at Best Development Initiative’ nutrition response and recovery activities across a wide range of actors within Life at Best Development Initiative, donors, host governments, UN and NGO partners to ensure consistency of programming.
- Strong negotiation skill with the partners, host community and government officials.
- Actively participate and represent LABDI in State and LGA nutrition Cluster meetings.
- Assist in development of, or provide technical review for, emergency response proposals to be submitted by Life at Best Development Initiative to ensure that proposed activities and programs align with best practice in the nutrition sector. As appropriate, suggest new developments in the nutrition sector to Life at Best Development Initiative programming.
- Be fully aware of national policies, strategies and other initiatives and developments by government and other stakeholders in the area of nutrition. Regularly assess the implications for LABDI’s programme and priorities of any changes in the operating environment in this sector and report on these to the emergency program Manager and Executive Director as required
- Actively participate in surveys done at the Community level (KAP, SMART, Causal Analysis, Barriers, Coverage)
- Ensure development of core skills and competencies in Nutrition and Food Security among LABDI staff in the project offices
- Provide technical support and training where required to all team members and partners
- Build the capacity of Technical, Community Nutrition Volunteers (CNVs) and committees to deliver quality service and undertake participatory monitoring of the implementation of the project works and record lessons and reports.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports to donors, line departments and sectors
- Strengthen partnerships, institutional linkages and working relationships
- Other duties as assign.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Life at Best Development Initiative and amongst beneficiaries served by Life at Best Development Initiative.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Life at Best Development Initiative. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Life at Best Development Initiative’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Application Deadline: 6th June, 2021.