VFD Group is an alternative financial service holding company that creates value by working within Nigeria’s informal financial sector to create innovative products and solutions that are accessible to the everyday Nigerian.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 8 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
- Responsible for implementing Internal audit in the organisation and its entities.
- Department: Executive Office
- Reports to Chief Executive Officer.
- Ensure proper internal audit system
- Implement risk management system
- Investigate fraud within the organization
- Carry out Audit activities and prepare reports.
You may also check:
- Apply for University of Edinburgh Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2020/2021 for study in Scotland (Fully Funded)
- OPay Job Position- Marketing Managers
- Thought For Food Challenge 2019 ($USD25,000 in cash prizes & all-expenses paid trip to the TFF Global Summit & Academy)
- Coordinate the compilation and continuous review of a detailed transaction process flow for all key activities in the organization.
- Supervise the execution of VFD’s control procedures on financial processes such as revenue collection, receivable and asset management, investments, international operations, etc.
- Prepare/ review internal audit reports covering audit activities and findings.
- Ensure all financial transactions are bona-fide, accurate and processed in line with established policies and procedures and coordinate the review of all payment vouchers to both internal and external parties.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the internal audit operations.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform investigations into suspected fraudulent/sharp practices across the organisation and recommend the appropriate line of action in response to findings.
- Investigate client complaints and provide reports on same.
- Prepare audit reports and advise units and committees on departure from policies, procedures, and other exceptions.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the CEO and relevant Board Committee.
- Good back up support on operation/ transaction review.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the CEO/ Board.
Key Performance Indicators
- Savings on income leakages
- Timely and discreet execution of investigations
- Number of timely conducted audits
- Reduced fraud cases
- Comprehensive, clear, and constructive audit and fraud reports
- Reduced number of mitigated risk
- Minimum exceptions found by external auditors
- Knowledge of audit techniques and methods required
- Knowledge of corporate governance practices
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Ability to analyze financial data
- Ability to read large volumes of documents effectively and extract necessary information
- In-depth understanding of the organization’s business issues
- Communication & Presentation
- Good report writing skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite & the Internet
- Team work
- Detail orientation
- Time Management
- Team work
You may also check:
- ExxonMobil Graduate Trainee Program
- MIT Africa Empowering the Teachers Fellowship Programme 2020/2021 (Fully Funded to Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA)
- Account Officer needed at Animal Care Service Konsult Nigeria Limited
- First Degree or its equivalent in a numerate discipline (Accounting, Economics, Finance, etc). MBA or Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- 8 years relevant experience of which at least two (2) years must have been spent in a similar role in the financial services industry.
- Chartered membership of ICAN/ ACCA required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.