The Nigerian Air Force Headquarters comprises of seven staff branches which formulate policies. The current seven staff branches are namely Policy and Plans, Training and Operations, Aircraft Engineering, Logistics and Communications, Administration, Standards and Evaluations and Air Secretary.
Each Staff Branch is headed by a Branch Chief who is directly responsible to the Chief of Air Staff. The Branch Chiefs are assisted by several directors and staff officers. The office of the Chief of Air Staff is structured to include the Coordinator Project Implementation and Monitoring Team, Finance & Account, and the Nigerian Air Force Procurement and Plans.
The Policy and Plans Branch is responsible for the formation, development and implementation of strategic policies and plans in the Nigerian Air Force. The Branch also prepares in close consultation with other air staff branches and commands, long-range plans and policies to support timely, accurate and efficient employment of air power under the direction of the Chief of Air Staff to meet NAF mission.
The Training and Operations Branch is responsible for policies and directives for the daily operations of the NAF. The branch is also responsible for all training both on ground and aircrew duties. The Aircraft Engineering Branch is responsible for all matters relating to aircraft, armament design and maintenance in the NAF on the other hand, the Logistics and Communications Staff Branch is responsible for policies on provisioning, procurement and maintenance of all equipment and infrastructure in the NAF.
The Administration Staff Branch is the hub in which most of NAF personnel and administrative matters revolve. It also sees to the running of the NAF in accordance with operational policy guidelines and requirements. The Standads and Evaluation Staff Branch is also charged with the responsibility of ensuring proper maintenance of standards in the NAF and to facilitate full-time research into specific areas of the Service with a view to avoiding waste in both human and material resources. The Air Secretary Branch is responsible for the establishment of guidelines for the recruitment, career management and maintenance of a balanced force structure for the NAF.
NAF Airmen/Airwomen Recruitment Exercise (BMTC 2020)
- Interested and qualified applicants are to apply FREE OF CHARGE online at www.airforce.mil.ng
- Applicants are to apply once. Multiple applications will be disqualified.
- Applicants are to print out the underlisted documents after completion of the online application:
- Local Government Indigeneship Form.
- Attestation Form to be signed by a Military Officer or Local Government Chairman of the Applicant.
- Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
- Acknowledgment Form.
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens by birth.
- Applicants must not be less than 1.66m tall for male and not less than 1.63m tall for female.
- Applicants must be medically and physically fit.
- Applicants must be free of any previous conviction(s) on criminal ground, by a court of law.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: NCE, OND, Secondary School (SSCE)
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 22 years by 30 June 2021.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 5 credits, including Mathematics and English, in not more than 2 sittings in SSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB.
- Applicants applying as tradesmen and women must be between 18 and 25 years of age except for those applying as assistant chaplains/ imams and drivers who must be between 18 and 28 years.
- Applicants must possess at least a lower credit in ND/NCE or any relevant trade certificates from reputable and approved Government institutions/organisations, with a minimum of 2 passes and a credit in English in not more than 2 sittings in SSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB.
- Applicants applying as drivers must posses a minimum of 2 passes in SSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB, with a credit in English and trade test certificate.
- Applicants applying as sportsmen/women are to present evidence of their professional experience which should include certificates and medals.
You may also check:
- BEWEIS Full Stack Developer Internship 2020 for Final Year Students
- Apply for $USD 10,000 cash prize AFS Global Citizen Prize 2020
- Apply as Content Creator at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited
Method of Application
(Application Starts on 24th July, 2020)
- Online Registration Starts on 24 July 2020 and closes on 21 August 2020.
- Recruitment interview Exercise will hold from 24 September – 12 November 2020.
- Nigerian Air Force Online Registration and all other recruitment processes are FREE OF CHARGE and no payment should be made at any point throughout the Exercise.
- The Attestation Form must be accompanied by the passport photograph and photocopy of the signee’s Drivers Licence or International Passport or National ID Card. The signee is also to authenticate the passport photograph of the applicant.
- For further information see the instruction page on the website from 24th July 2020 or call the following support lines from 0930am to 0530pm Monday to Friday: 09064432351, 08043440802 and 09055840142 or e-mail: email@example.com.
Application Deadline: 24th August, 2020.